Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New toy on its way!
Hey there friends!
Yes I'm still alive and fishing. But busy is an understatement .... 13 hr days ... you know the drill.
Anyhow, I have ordered the ODC Classic. After a lot of research, I decided on this model for it's portability. It has a great reviews and at a special offer price of $199, I ordered two for the wifey and I. Now we can go do some river fishing and get to those troutskies and smallmouth on the Delaware. Yay!
Here is a link to the Creek Company site for it with all the specs:
[url "http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdisplay.php?primaryAutoID=6&Cat=Featured"]http://www.creekcompany.com/...D=6&Cat=Featured[/url]
and here is a pic:
[Image: odcclassic.jpg]

When I have a little time I will post some pics of the excursions the wifey and I have been on this year so far.

I hope you are all doing well. A special HI to Pat[cool]
[signature]
Sounds like a good deal! You could have bought ONE H3 for that price......but then it is big enough for both of you....LOL.
Pictures![cool]
[signature]
LOL. I have an advertisement plastered across my posting and now i can't get to the edit post dialog. Anybody tell me how to get rid of the pesky thing?

-ABT
[signature]
Wow ... that's a steal!

Do you mind me asking how high you sit out of the water on it?

-ABT
[signature]
Sounds like a great deal! I notice that they are giving you free shipping as well. In fact, they are offering you free shipping for everything you order from them as long as your Pontoon is on the order. Sweet deal!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Well, well, well. Look who wandered in the back door. Good to hear from you again. I was reorganizing some of my past trip pictures last week and enjoyed looking at the ones from your visit last year. I wondered if you didn't love us any more.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad to hear you are alive and fishing. Good luck with your new toys. I think you will quickly find that they require more attention whenever the breezes come up...unless you anchor. It is difficult to improve on the hands free fishing of jockeying a float tube around.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We look forward to seeing some of your pictures from that part of the country. And, the door is always open out here if you can find the time to get back to Utah for some fishing.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks pat. Perhaps next Summer we'll shoot for that!

We wanted the toons for the Delaware river, mostly. It has trout and a thriving population of smallies and we needed to get at them![laugh]

-ABT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There is no doubt that pontoons are the best way to float moving water. In many states they prohibit tubes and even smaller pontoons on some waters.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I hope you take them out on still waters first, to get the feel of them and to become comfortable with rowing and control.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hi, Nicole.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hi Pat

Thanks for that advise. I had to use a hammer to get Trevor to heed your advice. Some men have very thick skulls.

How are you doing? As Trevor said, we may get to go to Utah next year. But first we have to go to South Africa to visit his parents, so I am not sure how much vacation time will be left for me.

Take care
Nicole
[signature]
Regarding "hands free fishing" with a tube, you can use fins on this pontoon, my friend does, he's totally hands free. It can also get you into VERY shallow water, I row into inches of water, carefully, and can catch nice bass within feet of the craft.
[signature]