Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few new kokanee salmon pics
Hey guys, I thought I'd post up and share a few of my latest kokanee salmon pics from Flaming Gorge. I've shared these on the regional boards, but for those of you in other states... here are a few kokanee that we got over the weekend. We caught tons in the 3-4.5 lb range, which is pretty good for kokanee. We've been using a lot of UV hoochies from Rocky Mt Tackle and have had some incredibly fast mornings of fishing. Anyone else been out fishing? Here are a few pics!
[inline Brett.JPG]
[inline "Dad and Weston.JPG"]

[inline Grandpa.JPG]
[signature]
Awesome Brett!

what speeds were you draggin baits at?
[signature]
1.9 MPH GPS seemed to be the key. We'd slow down or speed up due to a change in wind, and the fish would quit biting. We'd adjust the motor and return to 1.9 MPH and bam, it was back on. What did we do before GPS? LOL

Glad to see youve joined me as a mod here birddog!
[signature]
Its funny how the little tweeks in speed can make a difference.. GPS is basically a total necessity for today's trolling fisherman!

Thanks for the welcome, Brett! Glad to be aboard [Wink]
[signature]
Nice fish. Looks like you guys had a great time. Nothing like gettin three generations together to enjoy a lake like the 'Gorge.

Congratulations,
[signature]
Yeah, it was a lot of fun to get everyone together! We had both of my grandpa's, my parents, siblings, neices and nephews, cousins, and my grandma even got in the boat for a while one day. We don't get those big family groups together too often. Special trip, for sure!
[signature]
Good lookin fish ya got there. Nice job!
[signature]
Nice kokes..
[signature]
caught my first koke on a fly rod this last sunday...
there so koolll looking... when there spawned out...
[signature]
Thats cool! I'm guessing strawberry, right? Are they up in the tribs yet? I want to go check them out. Are they up in the strawberry river right now?
[signature]
I was in Idaho. I dont think utah lets you fish for them when there in the spawn.. The fish I caught in Idaho were in the inlet and up in the river staging... Its the coolest thing watching them...
I spent more time watching them than trying to catch them..
[signature]
Thanks for the info. You're right, UT protects them in the tribs during the spawn (and I'm glad they do!). I just want to go and take a few pics and watch them. They are way cool to watch, and I try to go up every year. Thanks again for the info and pic! You've reminded me that I need to get out and watch a few salmon!
[signature]
Ya Utah needs to protect them...
In Idaho I was the only guy there checking them out except for a couple of FnG guys...
They protect there natives like cuts.
Well get up there man I am sure there running.
[signature]