Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmington River at Fishers Meadows
From the river I was able catch an appx. 9" Rainbow Trout and a 13" Walleye. Both fish were released without any unnecesary injury. I fished for about 4.5 hours on the river from shortly before 11AM. I used nightcrawlers for bait.
I also spent about a half hour on the pond, also using nightcrawlers and caught a 14" Catfish, that one was a fighter. Also released with minimal injury.
I did loose my SOG Powerlock Multi-tool in the Farmington River, getting my terminal tackle and the trout unstuck from some wood growth (not if it was branches or root tips)- that was a downer, but I have since replaced it. I wish there was a way to dummy cord it to myself. The current took it pretty quick.
For sinkers I used non-lead split shot- they seem to be better than the "Bullet Weights" that I was using before. #4 hooks, Eagle Claw, Bronze.
I would have taken pictures, but I forgot my camera. [Smile]
[signature]
Glad to see you made it out. Nice mixed bag at that as well. I didn't know they had eyes in the Farminton. Glad to see the state stocks more waterways with them. When these catfish the state put in grow up in a few years they'er going to be a blast to catch.
[signature]