Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austrailian Gun Ban: Crimes Soars! (view all)
A friend recently sent this email to me. I suggest we all take it seriously and do something now, before it's too late. Call your Senators, Congressmen, join a strong pro-gun association, vote, anything that protects our rights..your vote does count! <br>The results of Australia's gun confiscation from law abiding citizens. <br> Crime skyrockets!<br> Subject: Aussie's Guns <br> Hi Yanks, <br> I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under. It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, <br> a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. <br> The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 <br> percent,. Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent; Australia-wide, <br> armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent!) In the state of <br> Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that <br> while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and <br> criminals still possess their guns!) <br> While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed <br> robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 <br> months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. <br> There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the <br> elderly. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety <br> has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in <br> "successfully ridding Australian society of guns." <br> You won't see this data on the American evening news or hear your governor <br> or members of the state Assembly disseminating this information. The <br> Australian experience proves it. <br> Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, <br> gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens. Take note Americans, <br> before it's to late! PLEASE FORWARD TO EVERYONE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST! <br><br><br><br><br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"