Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going for Bass Tonight
Well I think I am going to go for bass tonight and take my trusty black jitterbug lure with me. If they aren't hitting tonight then I am going to go and do some catfishing as I have not done any in awhile. I have been rather busy and I have not fished for a bit. Probably a week or so. Channel Cats are my favorite thing to fish for but ever since I missed that hit from the large bass that spit the lure back at me I have been going crazy trying to get another hit like that. Once I get one that I can keep if I want I will probably just go back to fishing for catfish. I probably will toss any bass I get back as I heard they don't taste good. Unless it is Striper. I heard they taste really good on the grill.
[signature]
[Smile] Bass in the 1lb to 2lb range are mighty tasty. It's the bigger bass that doesn't taste as good to me. Fillet those smaller bass and fry them with some catfish fillets and enjoy.
[signature]
Striped Bass are your best bet on any grill. They are good eating and fun to catch too.[cool]
[signature]
I did not get to go yesterday. My girlfriend wasn't feeling good and she just wanted to stay at her house. She got me a new lure though a 1 1/4 oz. jitterbug 2 hooks on the sides one on each side and 1 on the rear. Is there a reason my pole is only rated to use a 3/4 oz. lure? I can't use the lure with my fishing pole if it is going to break the pole. I have an old bait caster that would probably work alright for this lure from the 1930's but I would prefer not to use it much.
[signature]
It is only rated at 3/4oz. You can use it on slighly heavier. You only feel a little different action than what you are used to.[cool]
[signature]
ok cool. I went fishing with my girlfriend today and she got the first keeper bass all year a large mouth 14 inches. She got another one too small to keep and then a fish ate the darn lure and broke the line. [mad] oh well at least it was on a fish. I got no hits tonight. oh well.
[signature]
One time I did keep 2 nice size bass to try for food. I did not like them. I have to say I did make 2 mistakes. 1 - the bass I kept were during the sumer and I tryed again in the winter and they were better. The cool water I feel does make a difference. 2 - I have found that if you take the time and cut out the blood lines in your fish it really makes a differnce also. I did not like stripers the first time but after I cut out the red or the blood lines , good eats. I also skin them.
[signature]