Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new member here
Hello everyone i live upstate ny and have been fishing for over 6 years .Ive been prety unsuccesfull for the most part but keep on trying .Latly ive been fishing wappingers creek for trout and two days ago I pulled a med size brown trout out.Every few hours i can see very very big brown trout swim right by .Whats the best thing i could use to get the big guys .I think I only got the one 2 days ago out of luck.I realy dont know what im doing .Whats the best stuff i could use to get a nice trout.Any tips would be great.
Thanks.
[signature]
i live in so cal. and everytime ive gone fishing in a creek ive caught many browns and rainbows on salmon eggs wut i do is put a dry fly on and put a salmon egg on that and it always slowly sinks and the fish get it before it hits the bottom
[signature]
thanks ill try that .Any people from ny here or am i in the wrong place?
[signature]
peeps from all over are here maybe post something in the n.y forum
[signature]
Welcome to BFT, frakieenutts!

Well, there's a bunch of great Trout products and baits out there on the market today but I'm honestly unfamiliar with your body of water out there and what the fish are naturally feeding on in the creek.

How big is the creek you mentioned? depth?
[signature]
I've done a lot of stream fishing in my area and I've always done well on flies. I use a fly rod and really enjoy taking trout on dry flies (floated on top). For bigger browns I've done better with large streamers (flies). I've also caught some nice browns on spinners, like a mepps or panther martin. My brother uses rapalas and knocks the big brownns dead on streams. He floats it down stream past a promising hole, and then reels it back upstream to where he is. This allows the rapala to swim back up stream and he gets some nice browns doing this. This is an art, like fly fishing, or anything else. So, you'll have to practice until you get it right!

Good luck to ya!
[signature]