Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing loch lomond colorado
Stuart lake and loch lomond lake by st mary's glacier provides excellent lake trout fishing and salmon fishing. I have caught several salmon in loch lomond and very few lake trout. However the ones i have caught have been decent size.
The salmon I caught are nice sized but were all caught on saltwater flies and streamers. Most people dont believe there are salmon in there but believe me there are.
Most are deep by the fall and bite well in the late spring or early fall.
Another great place to go is clear creek, great browns and rainbows full of life and color.
Loch lomond is a 4x4 trail only so use caution the road can be washed out in a momentsnotice with heavyand the area also provides some good camping spots and is very secluded so take everything u need for a nights stay, in case you get stranded in the weather.
[signature]
Thanks a lot for the information and picture! Sounds like a great place to visit. Whats your favorite lake trout bait? Are those kokanee salmon, or some other land locked variety?
[signature]
Nice salmon you got in that pic. Was it one from Loch Loman? I used to fish it alot 'cause I lived just above Lawson up there. Fishin' was great then, but it's been 30 years since I've fished it.

At any rate, nice catch!!
[signature]
I've been to the other loch lamond lol
[signature]