Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millstone river 8/7/07
Went fishing on the millstone river between millstone and manville... i got about 20 smallies between my friend and i. I was using a fly rod with a panfish popper and he was using a minnow on a hook. I was fishing the popper real slow. He was using the minnow on a plain shank hook #4 and he was casting it out and twitching it in. he was working it slow but he cought alot of fish... the best part of the trip was seeing the deer.... there was a deer that was laying in the water and he had a broken leg and i called one of my friends who is a game warden and asked him if i should put it down and he said yea so i climbed up onto the tree that was just above her and when i went to jump on top of him to cut his throat the deer got up and "gimped" its way into the woods and i ended up laying in the water.... i am glad at least the deer was strong enough to get up even though i was soaked.....but neway we cought most of the fish right on shore or in the log piles in the river..... is there anyone else who fishes these areas?????? i would like to know.... maybe even show some people some secret spots i have.........
[signature]
Now that's one heck of a fishing report. I guess it goes to show how strong most animals really are. If your leg was broken you would never be able to get up and move like that. Great story, and congrats on the fine day of fishing.
[signature]