Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton
Hit it at first light with a good friend. We started off throwing bizzies just like we do at pineview and had absolutely nothing for an hour. Finally i nailed a nice largie. Just seconds after i nailed my first tiger for the day. 32" and a jumpin fool! We then went about 20 minutes without anything and bam, another largie followed shortly after by my second tiger. 30" and another acrobat. These fish leap clear out of the water and peel off line like crazy. My friend was next with a nice largie. We had 5 swing and misses over the next hour. The following hour my friend caught 3 more bass and i got another. After a ski boat showed up and tore up the water we decided to troll raps around for a bit. One rod on an outside planer snagged up and the planer came off. We finished out the length of the lake and turned around to go get it. When we got about 20' from the board i happened to turn around and see chris's longline rod double bent and line screaming off! He grabbed it and we watched another show of aerial acrobatics and landed our 3rd and final tiger for the day. 28". We decided to throw topwater again back to the ramp and missed 2 more tigers and 3 bass.
Ok, now the bad part! The ramp is severely messed up and you have a wierd angle and dropoffs. My boat did not want to Saddle up and i gouged the crap out of the "v" trying to get it back on. 45 minutes later and we finally got it back on.
Other than the boat thing, it was a wonderful day and very productive.[cool]
[inline "Newton with Chris 003s.JPG"]
my first largie
[inline "Newton with Chris 005s.JPG"]
my first tiger
[inline "Newton with Chris 008s.JPG"]
number 2
[inline "Newton with Chris 010s.JPG"]
chris's tiger
[signature]
Nice job on the Tigers. How deep were you trolling ?
[signature]
j-13's out 45', not sure how deep but probably around 8-10'
[signature]
That's awesome Brody! I grew up fishing that lake a ton. There are also some HUGE channels in there. When we gonna go up? [cool]
[signature]
When i find out my new schedule.[Wink]
[signature]
Good lookin' fins, Brody! [Wink]
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Those are some nice fish LH2!![/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]My uncles and I used to catch some big ol channels up there..but that has quite a few years ago.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I have heard rumors of very large channels coming out of there. Hopefully i can make it up there and try for them.
[signature]