Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone fish Willow Pond?
Just curious if anyone has been fishing Willow Pond at all. I have been fishing it quite a bit lately mainly because it is so close to my house, plus it is a good spot to take my daughter to. If so let me know.
[signature]
Where is Willow pond located? WH2
[signature]
Willow pond is right off of I-215 East\West at about 1200 w. in Murray. By the golf course.

I fish there alot as well, some days I do well and others I get skunked. I've caught a few

trout that were pushing 2 lbs. I've seen some big cats pulled outa there too. There's also

goldfish (koi)? in there. I don't know what, if anything else is in there.
[signature]
Thanks for the info RC and good to have you on the site. WH2
[signature]
I fished there a couple times last year with my Son-in-law and grandson, but out of the three of us we never even had a bite. We did see a large carp caught though.
[signature]
I stopped by there last sunday and fished for a hour . I caught one 8" rainbow . I seen about a 3# channel cat dead on the shore . I had lots of bites , I think the gold fish were hitting it . I was using a bobber and ice fly with mealworm on it . Got to use up my ice fishing supply of bait . tight lines
[signature]
I fished there a couple of times last fall. I mostly did pretty well on the rainbows with 1/8oz gold and orange little cleo and kamlooper spoons - twh
[signature]
I have fished there three times and only pulled in one trout about 10 inches. I talked to the fish and game guy and he said they stalked it on monday with 1500 trout and that they wont stalk it with catfish until may or june. He said he was pretty sure that someone had put some bluegill in it, and alot of goldfish. I actually saw some people keeping the goldfish that they had been catching, for what i dont know. He said that salmon eggs have done really well as well as pink power bait, but i got skunked yesterday on both.
[signature]
I fished it quite a bit last year right after they opend it. I did really really good for the cats. I was acctully making people mad cause I was throwing all of them back.

I will be fishing it every thursday starting this week with the voulenteer program so I will give reports every friday.
[signature]