Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Mill Pond?
I posted this question on the GON forum, wondering if anyone here has any thoughts. Have any of you ever fished Jordan Mill Pond near Sandersville? I'm heading there tomorrow, it looks like it might be pretty good.
[signature]
I think most any pond it good for fishing, Just so long as it dont stink "smelly"

I have fished out of a five gallon bucket before, and I have to admit the fishing was good. The catching on the other hand was lousy, only one bite all day... "misqueto" [angelic]

Good luck, and I hope you will come back and let us know how you do on this and other fishing adventures.... Ya dont have to give out any secreate fishing holes....
[signature]
Well, we were on the water at 6:45 this morning and fished for seven hours. Not one strike! We threw plastics, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, frogs and the kitchen sink but could not get a bite. I guess the front moving through shut them down. It's beautiful water though, I think we'll go back in October and hopefully be a little more productive.
[signature]
I was hoping for a better day for you than that. I'd like to find some productive little hotspots around here. Jimflash had one but they run you off now if you try to fish it. Ive seen some more small neighborhood ponds out this way I might give a try. I'll tell yall if I find a good one, its just been to hot to fish. 117 heat index turns me and the fish off.
[signature]
Yeah, I sure wasn't planning on getting skunked, the place looks like it's full of bass. I imagine the weather had them off their feed, it was cool all morning and then the wind came up. You're right, it's no fun cooking out there when it's 100+ degrees out!
Hopefullly we can get together on Sinclair soon, maybe we'll get a cooler weekend before long. I'm really looking forward to fishing this fall when it starts to cool down some!
Come on out to the Warner Robins VFW on Corder Road some Friday night when we're playing, I'll buy you a beer.
Scott
[signature]
What time do yall play till? Thats on my way home from work but I dont get off untill 11....if your still playing that late I'll stop by and bring a few folks for sure.
[signature]
I don't know if there's a set quitting time, it's been anywhere between 12 and 12:30. We start at 8:30. It'll be good to meet you, maybe you can turn me on to some good fishing spots!
[signature]
I dont think I'd count out Jordon Mill Pond just yet. If I were you 'd hit it up again once the weather starts to cool
[signature]
some guy caught a seven pounder that morning and alleged they had a bigger one on that got off in the lilly pads. said he could only get them to bite scooting frogs across the pads.

i think had it been just hot we could've done "some" good in the morning. but there was some front moving through, cool breeze black clouds etc. a shift in barometric pressure must've given them lockjaw

beautiful water though

p.s. i've got access to a 66 acre pond in hancock co. that i can take a couple of guests to.
[signature]
"[size 1]p.s. i've got access to a 66 acre pond in hancock co. that i can take a couple of guests to. "[/size]
Yeah, when we going? I'm ready for a nice plate of catfish filets!
[signature]
now's as good a time as any...
[signature]
That would make for a nice little mid ga BFT get together if you could take 2-3 guys out there.
[signature]