Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trail Cam (Pics Added)
I went to Cabela's last Saturday with petty4life. My main objective was pickin out a new trail cam. I decided on the Cabela's Outfitter cam by Moultrie. On sale for $119. It has 4.1 mega pixel resolution, expandable memory and a laser aiming light. It runs on a 6 volt batt and has built in solar terminals posts. I took it up to a peice of property my dad & I own and set it up. Can't wait to get back up the and check it out.

UPDATE: Finally got the hang of this camera. Got a cool picture of a little buck. Looking for his older brother that has been spotted twice but so far has eluded my cam.
[signature]
Man, everybody is on the tc train. Hope you get some good pics. Can't wait to see them.
[signature]
I definately caught the TC bug. I hope to have pictures posted when I get back on Sunday night.
[signature]
your just jealous cause you dont have one[Tongue]
[signature]
I have developed an intrest as well, tho not in the budget this year, I do wonder how well it works at night....
[signature]
Had to make a last minute trip to the trailer last night to retreive some keys my buddy left up there last weekend. It was a good thing I did, my trail cam had taken over 100 pictures and was almost out of batteries. Unfortunately, all the pictures were taken the same day I had set it up. In fact, by 3:30 last sunday afternoon all the photos had been taken. I think I had it mounted too high up on a tree and the wind kept triggering the motion sensor. Oh well, live and learn. Wouldn't seem right if there weren't a few kinks to work through. Headed back up this weekend to give her another try. At least i know it takes a decent picture..
[signature]
ya might want to set it then go out and get your pic taken to make sure it is working right,

walk past the the camera in 4 directions, left to right, right to left, under to away and away to under...

this way you will know what your peramiters and ativation points are...

dose your camera have a counter?
dose your camera have a screen to veiw photos?

how far is it across from where the cam is and the trees?
[signature]
Idefinately checked it to make sure it worked. Here are the test pictures of my feriend matt as we were leaving. It does have a counter and it also has a laser pointer for aiming the camera. It's about 40 feet over to those trees.
[signature]
Excilent photos.. Distance sounds perfect.

I am guessing that you had the lazer pointed in to the grass and it was the wind moving the grass triggering the camera and you will need to pin point the lazer on the trunk of a tree?

is this something you can test in the back yard aiming the camera at the wall and hanging strings that will blow across the lazer point near the wall. Duplicating the conditions you may have encountered in the feild?

to test to see if pin pointing on a tree trunk will stabelize the camera fireing a 2x4 could be stood up in front of the string and zeroed in on. Then the moving strings should not trigger the camera.

Just a thought, Then I wonder how it would handle the rain?

I am only guessing here, I am currious to learn how the cam functions as well. Knowing its peramiters is a must. I already know more about the cam now than I ever did thanks to your report...
[signature]
Apparently there is some sort of adjustment for the infrared motion sensor. My guess is that it needs to be adjusted to be a little less sensitive and I will also need a bigger tree to mount it to.
To Be Continued....................................
[signature]
Nope, don't need one. I watched my buck bed down last night. Just gotta wait till September.[Wink]
[signature]
that guy looks like he has taken alot of punches to the kidneys
[signature]
Did you notice the beer he's holding? It wasn't even noon yet[Wink].. He's a pab!
[signature]
that thing takes some nice pics chad. hope you find some nice ones with it.
[signature]
Maybe it will help us find a few cow elk too[Wink].....
[signature]
OH YEA
[signature]
do ya think it might work under the ice [angelic]

still waiting to hear if I draw an elk tag this year, its been 20+ years since my last tag that didnt get filled.
[signature]
just checked, I did not draw an elk tag... [pirate]

not the end of the world, just the end of dreams for E-burger this year.[unsure]

hopefuly I will be putting for an elk tag in Tennessee next year...
[signature]