Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archers Good luck, and the new bow.
Just wanted to wish everyone a safe and fun archery hunt. We'll be headed out tomorrow for an abbreviated (stupid house) trip. Hopefully the missus will stick another big deer this year. Of course I wouldn't mind gettin' a wall hanger myself!

Last week while breaking in my new Winners Choice string, the upper limb on my bow decided it wanted to delaminate! Ouch. Not something you want to see about a week before the hunt. So off to the bow shop I went. They said "Yeah, it's under warranty, but it will be about 4 weeks to get it back". So my only options were to not hunt, or to buy a new bow. So a new bow I bought! I shot the Bowtech Guardian, the Matthews Drenaline, the Hoyt Vectrix and the new PSE X-force. They all shoot like a dream, but the X-force just dominated them with speed, and kinetic energy. So I dropped a few c notes on the X-force. Fortunately pretty much all my accessories switched over, so I didn't have to drop much more green on them. I'm still getting the feel of it down, but it shoots fantastic. Apples to apples its' nearly 40 FPS quicker than the old bow! Sure is a screamer! Not fun to switch bows this close to the hunt, but I think all in all it is the silver lining to the cloud. Here is a pic of the new toy.
[signature]
Good luck and i hope the missus gets another good buck like the last one [Smile]
[signature]
Nice bow Brandon. [Wink]Now all you gotta do is "out-do" the wife. She's the defending archery champ in the family with that sweet buck she scored last year.
[signature]
Good luck dude! Kill a biggun, and good luck to all other stick and string people this weekend and upcoming weeks.[Smile]
[signature]
Good luck bro! [cool]
[signature]