Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting a Fly ROD! WAHOO!
I have never fly fished in my life but I have always wanted a fly rod for years since I was little but they are so expensive the ones I find and well I don't have the money well Wal-Mart got one that they are selling a combo for $20 that comes with 5 flies also. I know you probably will say I should wait and get something better but I don't even know how to use one yet and will have to learn from directions online and on the package. Plus I don't know if I will even like it but I want to try it and a set up is usually pretty expensive and to get one and not know if I will like it would be dumb for that cost so I never did but I am getting one as it is only $20 and well if I don't like it then it is not really much of a loss. I figure get this one for now and if I like it save my money and buy a good one for next summer. It is a shakespear. Of course you never know I may get this rod and love it. I got a Dawai for $20 bucks with the reel and I love it. It is an open face. The reel Sadly broke but I got a new reel an Eagle Claw one. The pole itself is great and I will probably buy more of the same pole without the reel to put away for in case my pole ever breaks. I liked the reel while it lasted but oh well it was cheap what can you do? I hope this fly rod is similar in that I like it alot but I hope the reel does not up and break on me. I can't wait to get it and try it out. I doubt the flies will work though because any soft plastic lures we ever got when my brothers and I were little they never worked and I don't expect that to change when I get one with flies. I just really want to try fly fishing and see how I like it. Wish me luck teaching myself from directions as I don't know anyone who can fly fish.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Getting a Fly ROD! WAHOO! - by Santaaa - 08-16-2007, 03:56 PM