Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STOLEN TRAIL CAM. WARNING
HEY GUYS I JUST READ ON MM THAT SOMEONE IS OUT STEAL TRAIL CAMS UP B COTTONWOOD. IF YA HAVE UP UP THER GET SET UP SOON OR YOU MAY END UP LIKE THE GUY ON MM. HE IS PSSSSSST 3 HR HIKE TO WHERE IT WAS. AND THE WORST PART IS HE IS BEING CHASTIZED FOR HAVING THE BUCKS TO AFFORD 1 AND LEAVING IT ON PUBLIC GROUND. I CANT BELEIVE SOME PEOPLE. ONE GUY TOLD HIM HE KNOWS WHO DID IT AND THE GUY SAID THANX FOR THE CAMRA ILL SEND YA THE PIC,S AND I NEED A FEW TREE STANDS WANA PUT SOME OF THEM UP FOR ME TO. I THINK THIS GUY WILL BE HUNTING PEOPLE NOT DEER THIS WEEKEND.
[signature]
I place pungie sticks around my cameras and tree stands. If some one enters my area they end up Bear Bait.[Tongue]
[signature]
That's such BS. I am so tired oof all the thievery that seems to be plagueing Utah. [mad]
[signature]
Pretty Sad that people just cant leave other peoples stuff alone. I think we should go back to the old way. You get caught stealing something, you get your hand cut off!
[signature]
I like Riley's idea[Wink] I had one of my treestands stolen right before the opener last week[Sad] luckily I had 2 others set up! but yea we do have alot of cheesy people here in Ut!
[signature]
I suppose you would get mad too if you left you car running with the door open and somone took it. The cam was taken from public land not privite that is really just the risk you take.[unimpressed]
[signature]
Yes, I would get mad. And so would you. If people would leave things alone that don't belong to them, this would be a better place. I dont think private vs property is the issue, its the fact that there is a theif out there that needs his hand cut off.
[signature]
The only person I really could be mad at is myself for being stupid but then again I would never do that. Besides technically since it was public land the cam really wasnt stolen it was more.......found.....attached to a tree[sly].

And before ya start thinking I condone this behavior i dont, I just go be the old saying "out of site out of mind" and if you leave valuables in the woods they are either going to get eaten or stolen[shocked].

FF462
[signature]
Whatever.

I guess that is why we have the problems that we do in this world. its plain and simple. if it is not yours, Leave it alone.
[signature]
Blame yourself because someone else stole your property? I say off with his/her hand[mad]. I'm fairly certain even a theif would value his/her own hand more than the camera in question, but who knows. It certainly gives the would be theif something to consider though.[shocked]
[signature]
i like your avitar pic. say you walked to the truck to get something and someone sat in it and off they went fishing. would you be upset? if not when is the next float trip. or leave your camp site unnattended if you came back and all your stuff was gone? see ther is no differance. from putting something up in a tree or setting up camp and leaving. public land. is crap. stealing is stealing...
[signature]
I agree with you guys 100%, How about that CROSSINEYES we finally agree on something. Luckly our tree stands and trail cams as of yesterday are still intact. I hope it remains that way until this Friday when the wife and I head back down to see if we can get an elk.[Smile]
[signature]
IT TOOK THIS LONG FOR US TO SEE SOMETHING THE SAME WAY. I MUST BE GETTING SOFT. LOL
[signature]
Nothing pisses me off more than a theif. the idea of leaving something on public land making is somehow understandable is BS. I garantee whoever took it knew exactly what they were doing, they knew it was a trail cam and they knew it was designed to be left and retrieved by the owner later. Hopefully karma will even the bill soon enough.
On the subject of security though, I was in cabelas over the weekend and I noticed trail cams that came with a cable that you can lock it to a tree with. I don't know much about trail cams and I don't know if this is a retrofittable option or if it is something you have to buy "built in", but it might be a wise investment, certainly cheaper than replacing a cam.
[signature]
Hell , I can't keep stuff in my garage while at work in my neighborhood during the day . I lost my 6 hp compressor , GPS and assorted power tools . I caught someone breaking into my truck 2 weekends ago about 2:00 am and I did get one punch in on him before he got away from me . Stealing sucks but if I catch ya be warned I packin' a ball bat these days and I don't sleep much ( or fish ). I have been tempted to buy a trail cam to see who is coming and going at home while I'm at work .
So you say I can find a trail cam up B Cottonwood ? JK [Tongue]
[signature]
I know the feeling, on my LE elk hunt last year camped North of Springville Crossing on Diamond Fork I had a lantern, a nice target butt and two cans of gas stolen while we slept in the trailer. The camp down the road had two cans of gas stolen and another camp had their cooler full of food taken. Some trail cameras do come with a locking system but I have a friend who had his smashed with a rock because they couldn't get it off the tree. There are always going to be a------s out there that just don't give a damn about other people's equipment. Sorry to say that that's the way some of today's society seems to think. We still have some decent people in the field. Sunday morning I had three archers heading down the ridge toward our water hole that we have stands at, I gave a cow call on the Hoochie Mama and they stopped, waved and headed the other direction. I have had idiots in the past just blow right on by me and could care less if they lay down sent around the area you are watching, after you take the time and effort avoiding that area when getting into your stand. [mad]
[signature]
Yea there is still some decent hunters out their specially archery hunters they usually have alot more respect for other hunters stuff than the gun hunters out their! but you got to say it is getting alot worse now than in the good ole days.
[signature]
Tell me where your stuff is and I will come help myself. I will then send you a post of when it is on the for sale board and you can by it back from me.[shocked][Wink][Tongue].

A theif is a theif. Period!

Quote:[size 1]The only person I really could be mad at is myself for being stupid but then again I would never do that.[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Well are we a little arogant or what? You never make a mistake? You never leave something some where accidently? Cmon Brotha. Fess up. I guess your one in a million [/size]
[signature]
So the cam was left in the woods by mistake?? All I have been trying to say is if you leave anything of value in a public place this is the risk you take. Also it doesnt sound like the cam was locked up even. It really is too bad that people cannot be trusted but this is not something new and there is really nothing anyone can really do except report it and be more carefull to try and prevent your property from being stolen. [Tongue] Oh by the way I always keep my stuff locked up or within sight...the only exception would be when I go camping and even then it's always in the back of my mind that when I get back to camp all my craps going to be gone.[cool]

FF462
[signature]
Last month I had a trailer with three four wheelers on it parked in front of my house. We were going to take them up in the mountains for a scouting trip the next day. The four wheelers didn't make until the next day. Someone pulled up and hooked the trailer on and took off.
I guess that's my fault for leaving them on a public road huh? I guess i'm the stupid one.
Well, I'm now a proud owner of a brand new Taurus .38, mess with my shiz and I'll be adding a few holes in new places.
[signature]