Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i regress to catfish, again
when i started fishing my main catch goal was catfish. after 4 months, i haven't caught a single one. but yesterday, i saw a guy who had caught 3. today i got up and went fishing early, and i saw him there. we engaged in conversation, and i eventually started fishin with him. during the course of our time, he caught 5 catfish. 4 channel cats, 1 blue. i started taking as many mental notes as i could. i found out where i could get some equipment that ive been looking for, and he gave me a rig setup idea that worked for him almost 10 times in the past 2 days. so for now, forget bass fishing, i cant even get a nibble there. i got a nibble on my line today. but it hopped off. so tomorrow i am going again early in the morning before i go to tuscaloosa for the weekend. my friend's dorm building has a river right down the road from it, so im gonna take my fishin stuff down there, and we'll go over there and do a lil fishing. the guy today said according to a calendar he has that gives the best times to fish, sunday is one of those times. so sunday im definitely fishing.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Regress ??? No, my friend, you are stepping up to catfish. LOL ![/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]You are now on the right track. Talking to the locals who are having success is your best option for that body of water. Be mindfull of his advice and try to emulate what you saw him doing while he was being successful.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]One thing you might try to make your on the water fishing time more effient is this; Practice tying rigs at home. Tie lots of them over and over again until you can put together a whole rig in less than a minute. Do it while watching TV or listening to music or any other thing you are doing at home when your hands and attention can be used for building fishing rigs. The more rigs you can build, the more options you will have to use when one of the other rigs is not being productive in the particular environment where you might be fishing.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Good luck on your next outing.[/size]
[signature]
yeah, im definitely gonna try to emulate what i saw. he wasnt trying to cast 10 miles out, just put a worm on there nice and easy, and tossed it out, and set the rod down. maybe my friend was right and i was trying too hard...
[signature]
[#ff0000]No, my friend, you are stepping up to catfish.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[#000000]I agree with Rockhound. Once you have mastered the art of consistently catching catfish.[/#000000]

[Image: 48.jpg]

And consistently catching trophy cats

[Image: 070307Dsize.jpg]

Then other fish will be easy for you.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Robby, I just gotta say you DO find yourself some fine catfish ! [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]If you were anywhere even remotely in my vicinity, I would be looking you up. If there were catfish like that around here, it might be a little difficult to motivate myself to fish for ANYTHING else.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Beautiful looking flatheads ! [/size][/black]
[signature]
with out a doubt,

we aint got no kittens like that in my bend in the river...
[signature]
i am happy to say that i have since caught 2 cats. small blue ones that pale in comparison to robby's, but they're mine. i took all the advice that guy gave me, and it worked. pics of the lil buggers are in the WOOHOOOOOO BOUT TIME thread in the freshwater general forum if you care to take a gander
[signature]
Once again you must of meant stepping up to catfishing?[cool] I was also an avid bass angler unitl 6yrs ago when I hooked into my first 40lb plus cat. After that everything else seemed secondary! Just keep with it and experiment with various rigs and live/cut baits. Add consistency with that you your bound to turn up some big cats.
[signature]
Those are a couple of mighty fine lookin' catfish. That first one looks like you took a billy club to it though!

I love catchin' catfish. It's been awhile since I got out there. *sigh*
[signature]