Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caddis Nevada Gold
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#005000][size 3]In the last week or so I have noticed that the Caddis Nevada Gold and the Navigator VI have dropped their prices in several stores from over about 105 - 120 range to 80. Is their a problem with these tubes causing this drop or is it end of year and the newer models are coming out?

MacFly [cool]
[/size][/#005000][/font]
[signature]
I am leaning toward the end of season theory. Not familiar with the names, but CADDIS has been around a long time and builds a good tube.
[signature]
I don't know about the Navigator but the Gold goes on sale every year until atleast Christmas.

It's been around long enough that maybe they are going to replace it with something else. Out4aFloat wont give his up his Gold even though the blatter is full of pin holes.
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#005000][size 3]..I am just thinking that for $80.00 plus uncle sams extra and maybe 35.00 plus uncle sam for caddis fins it would be a good deal... even for a old fart like me... [sly]... heck.. I may have that much saved up in my fishing fund jar... [sly][/size][/#005000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#005000][size 3][/size][/#005000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#005000][size 3]MacFly [cool][/size][/#005000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#005000][size 3]... I know this sounds silly.. but.. are those "pinholes" a result of manufacturing problems or just long term use?? [/size][/#005000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#005000][size 3]MacFly [cool][/size][/#005000][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Caddis no longer manufactures tubes, has a web site or supports warranties. They dumped a bunch of stuff on the market for price selloffs.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Historically, they have made a good tube for the buck. However, if you are concerned about top quality and manufacturer backup, steer toward Outcast, Scadden, Creek Company or other reputable and stable manufacturers.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I knew there had to be a reason in the background. Thank you for the insight on this.

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I believe they are from lots of use and being carried around in the trunk of his car for a couple of summers.
[signature]
...I had suspected as much since you said he loved his gold.. but had to ask anyway... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Yes I love my tube and it has treated me well for a few years now. Until this year I have not had any problems with it. The "pin" holes are actually the seam coming apart. After doing a root cause analysis on the problem, I believe I filled it up too much once. First time after I got my new hand pump this spring I inflated the tube too much. I think that it split the seam and weakened it in other places. Bad move on my part[unsure]. Other then that I think it is a good deal.

As you see in the pic that was taken a couple weeks ago, it still helps to catch nice fish.
[signature]
you certainly cannot argue with results such as shown in that picture.. thank you for sharing.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Purty fish...funky fisherman.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A tube does not an angler make...but having a good craft from which to operate can make every trip more enjoyable.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You do fine work. You are welcome to join us on any floatilla.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Steer away from the Caddis fins. They are not as good as many make them out to be. I always had trouble with them coming loose and having to resecure them in the middle of the lake.[crazy]
[signature]
...now that would be a sight.. lol.. me leaning over to tighten a fin and then my large posterior flashing the world as I and my tube take a roll into the water.. [sly]

..tbh.. was only looking at the tube and or fins because of the price.. but as TD explained.. CADDIS is out of that business so what I am seeing is last pushes to sell off stock... but still.. 80.00 for a tube ... is hard to pass up... (hehe but my finance manager is helping me get past it.. with lots of loud [#ff0000]"DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!.... )[/#ff0000]

Macfly
[signature]
You know out on the water you can tune out any loud noises on the shoreline[Tongue]. And I have found that fish don't really care what your bank account looks like.
[signature]
where did you find the Nevada Gold for $80.00?
[signature]
... I saw them this past weekend at the local Sport Chalet and then got an ad via email for Turners fishing store.. I am very tempted to get one but I have never tubed before for one thing and from what TD says Caddis no longer covers a warranty on it.. and then TN2 said to steer clear of the Caddis fins I have seen on sale for 30.00.. it is so tempting.. good thing I have a strong willed finance manager I am married to.. [sly]

MacFly
[signature]
If your not in a hurry to get your tube waiting until Christmas and the new year can save you a penny or too that you could use for better fins. I picked up my U-tube for $32 and some change with tax instead of $90 because they were changing the new tubes slightly. Store just wanted to get rid of them to display the new model. Might be able to find a good deal with a company that will still be there to honor the warranty.
[signature]
That sounds like a good idea. I will probably be more in the market by that time.

Thank you all for the great advice and insight.

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
(...now that would be a sight.. lol.. me leaning over to tighten a fin and then my large posterior flashing the world as I and my tube take a roll into the water)

Tuber crack would be worse than plumber crack .
[signature]