Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Yellowstone
Ok, I hate asking this but my family is going to West Yellowstone tomorrow for five days. I am really excited but the last five years just haven't been that good for me. The family fishes the same places every year. This year I have promised myself that I would find some new places to fish. Does anyone have any good spots they wouldn't mind giving up? I don't mind hiking in a little ways either. Any info would be awesome and I do understand if you don't want to give away your spot. Thanks for your help.
[signature]
Due to the HOT summer there is a lot of places that are closed, so your best bet will be to ask the FG up there.
Personally I love the Three Dollar Bridge area of the Madison, but it is not in the park, but Montana, so need the license.
[signature]
Thanks Flygoddess, I always buy an in the park and outside of the park license and actually do more fishing outside the park. Where is the Three dollar bridge?
[signature]
39 miles south of Ennis or 32 miles northwest of West Yellowstone on US 287. One mile downstream from Raynolds Pass Bridge. (Lat 44.832, Lng -111.514)

Punch up a google and you can get a map. It is a way cool stretch with some BIG browns.
[signature]
Between the low water, recent hot temps and closures I'd avoid YNP altoghether. Look into the Madison as FG suggest or I have heard recent reports of OK fishing on the Gallantin and Warm Rivers. Let me know how you do as I'm taking some out of town friends to YNP in a week and would like to show them how to flyfish somewhere in that area.
[signature]
Thanks Flygoddess, I will try to find it. Riverdog I have heard that the water is down as well I usually fish alot more outside of the park anyway but I will let you know how it goes. Thanks
[signature]