Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft-Plastics...
Which is your prefered brand of soft plastics when fishing for LMB's and smallies?
[signature]
Depends on the technique. I like Yum for stickbaits, Zoom for brushogs and Carolina rigs, Berkely for dropshot, Yamamoto grubs for a Texas rig but all this has and will be changed during the day and weather conditions. Sometimes a 'bargain cave' grub on a leadhead does the trick. It never hurts to have too much tackle. When the fish aren't biting you can play with your new toys and maybe find out what they want [Smile].
[signature]
Mine will also vary depending on the conditions and all other known factors.

I do purchase more plastics from Reaction Innovations though. I like the different shapes and movements that theirs have.[cool]
[signature]
I too have many different brands and designs of soft plastics for the same reasons stated before me: fish are one of the planet's most elusive, tricky, and cynical creatures, thus the constant fisherman must employ his constant arsenal of offerings in a means of sustaining a constant flow of fish caught and (hopefully) released.[cool]
[signature]
The only thing I've used from RI are the 'beavers', do they carry a full line of soft plastics? (I don't mean to hijack your post, Maine)
[signature]
Hey, no problem here, that's what these posts are for.[cool]

And yes, RI does carry a full line of soft plastics.
[signature]
They do have a full line. I am particularly fond of the Trixie Series. I use the Double Wide Beaver 5.20 in the California #420 color.

That color does well in different water clarities. I even used them to catch some Barracudas. What a blast on 8lb test.[cool]

be sure to check out their website at reactioninnovations.com.
Their site has been down for a few hours but should be back up soon.[Smile]
[signature]
I also use a variety of makes. Zoom,Lakefork to name a couple. Maniaccustomlures make the worms that catch all my bass and Pike.
[signature]
i use alot of different soft plastics like berkley, culprit, kinami, venom, bass assasins, etc. but i really use alot of zoom soft plastic.
[signature]
It depends on the water, weather and season but I primarily use Fishbelly Hawg Shads. They are all hand poured and are extremely life like in action and coloring.
[signature]
strike king even though it ain't on the list.
[signature]
Yeah, Strike King works well...I made the list quickly so I left out a few good ones. Creme worms; those are great too.
[signature]
Maniac Custom Lures, You would have to be crazy not to use them!
James
[signature]
yamamoto wacky style works wonders...up here in new york watermelon green with red speckles works great
[signature]
Berkely Powerbait works great in the springtime on Roadrunners for Crappie. For LMB during the late Fall, I like to use a Zoom lizard rigged Texas style or Zoom craw on a black jig.
[signature]