Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help new to fly fishing
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I need help in figuring out what rod and reel to buy. I am just brand new the sport of fly fishing. I need a decent rod and reel for about $150. I have seen some at Cabelas for that price. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as brands? I have heard some have lifetime warranties and that is the way to go. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be great. [/font][/size]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I think that you are heading in the right direction. The most common and most versatile rod is a 9 foot, 5 weight.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The combo that Cabelas sell is a good start. I have heard good things about it. Not only do you get the rod, reel and line, but they include a chest pack, some flies, and most everything that will get you going.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Their combo is the "genesis". If you go to their web site, it will show you everything that is included. The equipment is not the usual junk offered for this price. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]All that will be left for you to purchase is an assortment of flies for the particular water you want to fish.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Good luck[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Seconds on the Genesis. It gives you everything you need and is a nice action rod.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Ditto on the Cabelas Genesis set-up. I don't personally have one, but looking at it, that would be a good starting point.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Thanks for your help.
[signature]