Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
st. george urban fishing ponds
Can anybody tell me locations of some St. George area urban fishing ponds? I have had fun catching fish off lures and other things in a few of them, and they usually produce. The fish are small, but it gives me something to do on a Saturday right?[Wink]
[signature]
the only one i would point you to is stratton pond behind quail creek res ..

on utah 9 go past the quail creek exit 3-4 miles, turn left at bowling alley on top of hill, the 20 acre or so pond is 1/2 mile down . .

theres albinos and rainvows in there, although it was stocked in dec . . and i heard almost all the fish are gone . .

sm
[signature]
I used to go there quite regularly until the fishing success stopped. I've only tried two other ponds. one was quite good, and the other one was dirt. I know there are several more, but I don't know where to find them.
[signature]
There are some stocked ponds on Snow Canyon Parkway just past the softball complex. We watched people fishing while my daughter played ball last weekend. One pond had a lot of dead fish around it - another had people lined up shoulder to shoulder. Next time down my son says the fishing rod going as well.[Wink]
[signature]