Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the Forum
Just wanted to say howdy, I'm visiting the forum for the first time today. Got a couple questions if anyone has time for a quick reply, I'd appreciate it. 1) where is the "island" on Willard Bay?, and 2) anyone with experience on Willard and Utah Lake Lincoln beach area, where would you go if you were heading out on the water this Tuesday? Patterns/suggestions for either location would be welcome additions to any reply. Thanks, I look forward to getting to know some of you through this forum. BassHawg
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=86"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=86[/url];

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Above is a link that is our Willard Bay Archive Area. I'm sure that you can find any answer to any question you may have about Willard Bay there and probably more info than you ever dreamed of asking about. If not ask away.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]As far as Utah Lake, there are a lot of our members that fish Utah Lake and should be able to help you with your questions. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Welcome to BFT/Utah! [/size][/font]
[signature]
welcome to the forum bass hawg!

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Welcome Hawg (save some for the rest of us!),[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]About that "island" in willard: I was out there last week and it's highest point was about two feet under water. I have never seen it as a piece of dry land as in an "island" but suspect that if the water ever got low enough it would stick up. So, most of the time it is an under water hump. Also, I have always seen a "warning" buoy out there on it. Although, I have heard that some times it is not there. The buoy was there last week. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]To find the island, head due N-W out of the south marina always keeping the middle ramp in sight and you will drive right past it. It is located about 3/4 mile N-W of the south marina. Just look for boats in that area. It's a popular area for Willard fishermen to stack up.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Welcome BassHawg, nice to have your here. If you still need info on the "island" I'd be happy to send you a GPS coordinance on it. Good luck when you head out.
[signature]
TKB

I would sure like to have that GPS Cord. for the island. TIA

Mike (Boatiac)

NesterKM@AOL.Com
[signature]
I'll go get my GPS and I'll let you know.
[signature]
Cool, thank you! BTW what brand GPS do you have? I have a Megellan 315, been thinking of going to a map GPS.

Mike (Boatiac)
[signature]
I gave a Gramin etrex, nothing fancy, but it sure does the job. I've heard good things about the map units though. The email should be on the way. I hope you catch some fish. Good luck.
[signature]
Good to have you on the site BassHawg, the guys gave you good info on Willard. As far a Utah lake's Lincoln beach area is concerned, there are several warm springs about 100yds north of the boat ramp that usually hold a few fish. Depending on what you are looking for, you could head over to Bird island and catch as few walleye. Try trolling a thin fin shad or cast a few jigs, you could also troll a worm harness.
There are a few guys that know Utah lake real good and we haven't heard from them lately but if they respond they can give you some better info. If you make it out, let us know how you did. WH2
[signature]
Welcome to the site basshawg. don't know much about bass fishing but I have found out these guys are really knowledgeable and are willing to share their knowledge.
[signature]
Thanks for the info fellas. I'll post a report on Tuesday evening on how we did at Willard. Sounds like I better get on down to Utah Lake too, ... if anyone here is a diehard LMB fanatic, get in touch, I'd love to get out on the water with someone who knows Utah Lake well.
[signature]