Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New.....where to fish
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Just wanted to thank those of you of gave me insight on a [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]good [/size][/font][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]beginner rod. I ended up at Cabela’s Monday I got [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]what I need to get started. Now the question is where to [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]go. I want to get out Monday and give it a try. Can anyone [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]point me in the right direction? I live in Ogden but have no [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]problem driving to get to a good spot. Any help would be [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]great. [/font][/size]
[signature]
I'd suggest you look at the posts under the subject Ogden Area Trip from July here on the Utah FF board. HFT gives many locations close to Ogden to fish. I'd suggest starting at one of the smaller creeks he lists because they'll be easier to go and catch fish your first few times out. You can worry about catching bigger fish after you get the basics down.
[signature]
I agree with RD. We will need a full report however[Wink]. Pictures add to your grade....LOL
[signature]
Hey if you dont mind meeting up here we can take off to Idaho I got a few good rivers and a bunch of still water areas I fish so shoot me a pm. I like to drive but your more than welcome to tag along or just meet me there.
If you just want to get your line wet try the south fork or middle fork or just fish the ogden all three spots have good fishing.
I like the ogden if the waters low
I like the south just because its ease of walking it and casting.
I like the middle because theres few that fish it.
[signature]
A great place in Ogden for a begginer is the Ogden River just acrossed from Lauren far right by the bridge. There are some large flat rocks to get you away from the trees even without waders it's not to fast allowing better wait time. and lots of small fish. No real trophys but you should at least catch something while working on technique.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the help I will give it a shot.
[signature]