Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking in a new pole.
Several weeks ago I recieved a new pole and reel but haven't been able to get out and use it. It's been burning a hole in my mind by not being able to go out and use it. Family, life, weather, migraines, life, migraines, the list goes on and on.

Yesterday I said enough was enough. Full moon, wind, noone to go with, been awake for two days I don't care I'm going fishing with my new pole! And I did!

Off to Jordanelle I went and what a day I had. Started out catching a chub on my third cast. Nothing great but hey it's a fish and now it's bait in the freezer. Three chubs later it catches a 11inch perch followed by a 15inch rainbow trout and a 12inch smallmouth bass, not the one in the pic.

By the end of the morning nothing to brag and mount on the wall but the pole had caught over two hundred fish. I learned you can actually dull a TubeDude jig hook through use.[shocked] I think I'll keep the pole.

The last pic is what a four inch perch left me for letting him go.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I admire your dedication and focus. A new rod gots to get broke in right. Sounds like you got 'er done.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sounds like a good time! I think TD implants microscopic fish beacons in his jigs.

Where'd ya go at the nelle? Any more decent sized perchies?
[signature]
Since where I had been fishing at Rockport is now dry land I thought I would try over at PWC ramp where everyone has been fishing lately. I could see the larger perch following the smaller perch up on the jig but thats as close as I could get to them except for the couple that came home for dinner. Have heard that perch sometimes will school by size so I kept moving on to find a differnt size school.

My sonar is very simple and basic. Doesn't do well at hunting out perch on the bottom so maybe the big ones were smarter then the sonar and playing deep.

Could have kept my limit of 10 and 11inch smallmouth bass had I wanted though. They must have been feeding heavy on the little perch and smallmouth in the shallows.
[signature]
Nice job on breaking the new rod in. I guess it is gaining experience the more you use it.[cool]
[signature]
TL I feel your pain as I have a brand new one that is itching to get used at the moment. I am happy to see that it has good mojo and you were able to get her on the water and broken in properly. I am hoping I can do the same this weekend.
[signature]
I wish you luck.
[signature]
You better bring that pole with you up to Strawberry this week. I have a new pole as well you know, but I am training it on the bigguns.
[signature]
Seems like you had a great time. I personally like the "Donation" picture, that one is a beast!
[signature]