Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOOOOHOOOOO BOUT TIME!
ALRIGHT. IT'S DONE. AFTER 4 MONTHS, IT HAS BEEN ACOMPLISHED. MY FIRST CATFISH! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

its not much, nothing like katfish's 50 lbers, but hey, its my first, and i hope they just get bigger. its a 6-8 in blue i believe...i tried to get good pictures, but since it was dark and the only camera i had was my cell phone, pics arent as good, but you can still tell. there are pics of the cat, a pic of what a gentlemen nearby identified as a red eared sunfish, and the last pic is what happens when you wear crocs in an area where hooks are inevitably dropped....
[signature]
Way to go. Congratulations. All it took was a little patience.

It won't be long till you get your next and the next and so on.

Thanks for the nice pictures too.[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Good job Simp ![/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Now just remember what it was that you were doing when you caught it. Then repeat until the next one comes along. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]But, Don't be afraid to change something if it doesn't seem to be working - you don't want to wait another 4 months for it to happen again. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]BTW - you might want to consider a shoe that is a little more robust. [/size][/black]
[signature]
lol yeah, i hear that. i just used nightcrawlers. im gonna try to go one morning if i can, maybe they'll be more active then. thats when that guy was catchin em all. and where im fishin now, they really should make some kind of walkway down by the water. that would make it easier to access more points to cast from. then again, the rocks make excellent places to slide the bottom of your pole and not worry about a big fish yankin it into the water. so there are pros and cons.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Is that one photo with the sunfish taken at the place where you are fishing ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]If so, how far out does that pier extend out into the river ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Do you fish off the shore where the rocks are or, from off that pier ?[/size][/black]
[signature]
yeah, i fish right there. i dont like to fish off the pier, because i never have good luck there and im scared that a big fish would yank my rod off into the water. i guess i could rig up something so that it doesnt...but i was fishing from the rocks tonight.
[signature]
[black][size 3]There are rod holders that are made for piers. If you caught a fairly large catfish you would not be able to land it - unless you had a special landing net made for piers.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I would actually fish from the rocks as you are doing, and not from the pier. I would definitely fish underneath the pier from the rocks on the bank at some point - if it is safe and ok to do that there. [/size][/black]
[signature]
i could fish from the bank to under the pier, thats not the problem. the problem is getting my line and catches back up to where id be. the rocks are too steep to stand on there, so you have to stand up top and the rocks catch the line or something on it like sinkers, or a fish. and i know what you mean, i was fishing at night, and on the other side of the pier this guy hooked a cat, but he couldnt land it, even after he went over to where the steep rocks are. he had to cut his line.
[signature]
VVEEERRRYY respectable first kitty bro. You'd make TubeDude and TubeBabe proud with that one.

-ABT
[signature]
I GOT ANOTHER ONE. around the same size, slightly bigger i think...but this time i had my camera, and got a better picture
[signature]
Nice job and way to go. All that practice and patience is still paying off for you.[cool]
[signature]