Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass lures from Mars ...
Anyone checked out the latest line of lures from Megabass? I think Ito is fishing on a different planet.
Check it out:
[url "http://www.megabassusa.com/Gatta-X.htm"]http://www.megabassusa.com/Gatta-X.htm[/url]

-ABT
[signature]
Those look insane. I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those in my tackle box[shocked].
[signature]
They have the looks of some sort of weird Japanese import lures.
[signature]
Those are weird Japanese lures. They are just a little too funky for fishing. They are probably more for catching fishermen rather than fish.[Wink]
[signature]
But you know that it will be a collecters item in 50 years, cause no one will buy them.
[signature]
Yep, Japanese they are. Megabass is a Japanese company with a branch here in the US. Ito is their star lure designer/engineer. Ito designs some beautiful stuff, but this time I think his brain has been invaded by an alien virus.
And TubeN2 is correct: typical of Japan it seems these lures are geared to sell to fishermen for sensationalism rather than practicality.
You're correct too gdn443 .... they will wind up as collectors pieces, but I'm sure only in Japan.

-ABT
[signature]
Looks like something they dreamed up to catch Godzilla! However, a buddy of mine down in Arizona swears by the artificial bat flies he ties himself for bass fishing.
[signature]
I've used some strange things to catch bass, two different broken backs put together, plastics that I've cut in half for more action, glued different plastics together but that thing just scares me!
On the other hand, you don't know unless you try it.
[signature]
I would be willing to try one if you wanted to spot me one for my Bday. It is coming very soooooooon. Feb is not too far away is it? lol[cool]
[signature]
they sure look different than anything I have seen, then again fish may also think so and like them. I have heard many guys say to try something different when things don't work out.
[signature]