Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
south fork ogden
anybody been up on the south fork lately? any info would help fly or spinning. thanks
[signature]
Fished it last Thursday from Causey Spillway down about 1/2 mile or so. Water was running good and a Mepps Aglia did the best for me. Ended up with a few smaller Splake and a nice 17 in Cutt.
Weather temps are perfect and the fishing isn't to bad..........Good luck

The monday before I fished from the South Fork Campground down a ways with my fly rod, didn't do so well because I am pretty new to fly fishing. Had a lot of bite on a Bead Head Prince Nymph but only caught two. Switched over to smaller floating Rapala in brown and caught two more. Also threw a rooster tail and landed one liittle guy.

Good luck....
[signature]
thanks much for the info, the brown rapala is my favorite up there. sounds like a good day though. I hope to get up there in the morning, thanks again[cool]
[signature]
I fished it sat. in a heavily fished area. found the fish hiding under logs and under brush technical fishing size 12 hopper raised a couple for me and so did 18 black parachute ant. If you can fish an area away from camp grounds you will find it a little easier to fish.
[signature]
Try out a sculpin[Wink]
[signature]
I fished from the Causey spillway down a mile and it sucked. I'll never go there again, it has the perfect holes but very little activity. I have way better luck on the Weber!!
[signature]