Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good flies
hey,

anyone know where I can buy some good nymphs for the provo that wont come apart when they get wet? Im tired of the
"big box" junk. would like flies that catch fish. dries and nymphs both.

thanks
pa
[signature]
[black][size 3]Send a PM to TubeDud, (not to be Confused with TubeDude).[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]He ties great flies, and are the best that I know of by reputation. He has provided flies to several members here on the forum, and they have been satisfied with his work. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]here's a site containing several pictures of his flies. Some of them are of his own creation, that have proven to be very productive.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][url "http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/cpierce0311/flies/"]http://s37.photobucket.com/...7/cpierce0311/flies/[/url][/size]
[black][size 3]Tell him what waters you are fishing, and what you are fishing for.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Anglers den- riverdale
High country- south ogden
western rivers -Salt lake city
Fish Tech -salt lake city
Jans- Park city
[signature]
I'll also vouch for tubedud/cheech. sweetflies.com is the site. If you go through orem to get to the provo, Eddie's fly shop by the mall/ costco has high quality flies as well as Parks Sportsman at about 7th north and state street (east side). Parks has good flies and some cheap ones. Have Grant help you if he is in.
[signature]
Personally I like my flys to be a little hammered.
Plus if you buying store flys look at them closely and grab a little tube of super glue and put a dab of it on your thread or head and it will make them last twice as long. just a dab not a drop well good luck.
[signature]
I personally do not have the talent or patience to tie my own so I buy my flies as well. A site that is reasonable and good quality would be fishwest.net. Good luck and tight lines...
[signature]
I just wanted to welcome Orvis1 and Warchild to BFT. Thanks for joining us. You two have definitely got a lot to offer!
[signature]
I appreciate that welcome and I am glad I found this site, I will miss the DWR forum but look forward to sharing information and possibly fishing with some new people![cool]
[signature]
[reply]
If you go through orem to get to the provo, Eddie's fly shop by the mall/ costco [/reply]

+1

I have purchased flies from that shop before they are of good quality. only thing is you have to find them open !!! They must guide as well and have odd hours of operation.
[signature]
I'm new to fly fishing this season and my spinner equipment has collected dust. Just want to thank those in the DWR for all the help. I Purchased a Ross Real and Sage Rod and have loved them. Didn't know fishing could possibly get better but it has.
[signature]
It is addicting and a blast! I flyfish and troll and I love to do a combo trip where I can do bolth!
[signature]
Thanks flygoddess.
[signature]
Tubedud for sure I have a bad problem with flies falling apart especially after 1 hit the flies he tied for me are alot sturdier then ones I've baught elsewhere.
[signature]