Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday's fishing...
Buddy and his wife met up with us for breakfast early Sat morning at seven. Buddy and I have to be at the deer signing up at nine. I ask after that what's next he says fishing! Wife's would go to the crafts feast that is going on the Labor Day weekend. Boy last minute "fishing" I had to leave the wife's to pay for the breakfast as I had to run home and load up the truck of the fishing things, he already has his load up.
Got to the deer site on time, had to be there at that time because I had asked for the sign language interpreter for my buddy and me and other if they did come. Using the interpreter sure made everything clear. I had a change to ask the "warden" or CPO (Conservation Police Offer) about tubing as life jackets, whistles or anything, he says don't need them and I asked about how do I know which lake allow it and he remember the story about someone asking about it and I said the answer was "muddy" and he says oh that was you! He says if you see a sign post saying no wading so that also means no tubing. I'm gonna stop on that part and get on the fishing story....
After the signing we went to get a few more lures and a sandwich. I picked up Rapala's DT-4 and two more just like it for different depth runs. Buddy caught so many bass with that kind of lure on another lake. While walking back to the trucks I ask which lake do we wanna try he says it's up to me so I picked the longer walk in lake. On the lake there were four other tubers, I could tell they were after the gills. I cast all over and only had one bass on the line fighting hard but threw the lure right back at me. DT-4 or the others like it wasn't doing any good on this lake but only a biggest bluegill took it, nice size one I did say was maybe around nine inches. Water is super clear, I can see the bluegills over there and there so I looked in my tackle box and tried some jigs, one of TubeDude's and others, they won't take it so I had the Mini Mite Jigs in a Tube and tried that in yellow. Bam one after another after another. That's fishing and boy they wouldn't leave it alone! I hooked maybe 30 bluegills some big ones and some so so. Then one of the thief stole the yellow soft body then the game's over. Tried a white one, it didn't work, and that was all I had. Oh yea I saw something coming swimming on top straight to me and I stayed put, not moving. Oh, oh, no that again, it's our third meeting and its the same old one, that snake! I forgot that this was it's area. Doesn't bother me but he comes too close to see what I was. I watch it for a few minutes as he was eyeing me about four feet away. I tapped the water with my rod and he dashed away under water FAST!! Never saw it go that fast in the water!
I saw one of the tubers get out of the lake in a different area and buddy wanted to go that way too. He went up the bank and I asked which way does the trail go, he says there is two. I wasn't going to take a change going on one of them and find out it leads far from the trucks or would be picking up too many ticks....
Buddy did alright but not as many as I did but he caught the pike and it was his fourth, zero for me on trying!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the busy report. I got tired just reading it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just goes to show you that yesterday's hot lure may not produce anything on the next trip. You also made a good point about carrying multiples of anything that might work. Seems like if you only have one of something it turns out to be the hot ticket for the day and you almost always lose it. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you got into some nice bluegills anyway, even if the bass didn't wanna play.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Every lure works on one lake but not the others. That Mini Mite in yellow worked on that lake that day but it never gave me any luck with it in any lakes all that time I had it.
One day I caught bass after bass on one lake then I went across the hill to tube and use that same lure there not a bass caught.
Would you know of one lure that never fails to catch fish no matter where, when or how? I'm testing each lure that I have on every lake to see which one works on that lake and what fish it catches, day/night/weather....
Does anyone keep track of what works or what doesn't? Would be fun to read everyone's posting on it.
[signature]