Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass eating a mouse!!!
this is crazy[shocked]
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuRH1u1BRmk&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuRH1u1BRmk&mode=related&search= [/url]
[signature]
I would think having a lmb in a fish tank would be illegal?? Cool attack though.[cool]
[signature]
Yes, I believe you are right, it is illegal to keep gamefish in an aquarium.

That was a rat not a mouse and the fish ate it with much problem. I guess I should be trowing bigger lures.
[signature]
well now i know not to take lil orville with me when i go fishing!
[signature]
I actually saw a bass eat a blackbird that was sitting by the bank one day. Its amazing what those things will eat.
[signature]
That was a cool video. Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing it with us.

I use the artificial mice in certain areas for Bass. They work well.[cool]
[signature]
that was cool

I use mouse imitation fly for LMBs and big browns.
[signature]
I got this in an email too the other day, i couldnt believe he had a bass in an aquarium and then i couldnt believe he ate the thing, but it looked like it was trying to get out a few times. pretty unbelievable
[signature]
I had a bass for seven years in our tank. And a bluegill and catfish. Not all in on tank but three tanks....
[signature]
[size 1]Illegal?? Not sure about that but I had three game fishes in three tanks for seven or more years. Wisconsin allows u to keep some in a tank for learning. Nothing says about releasing them back in the waters but I wouldn't do it as u would spread something in the waters that would pass on... That bass always watch me, it was great fun to have one and take care of it and I had it right next to my computer. Looking at fishings and tubings I always look at those fishes swimming......lot of work..... Some pet shops if you can find them sells game fish.[/size]
[signature]
You're right, in some states it is illegal to keep a game fish in a household aquarium unless you have a license issued from the game and fish dept. However, in most states, what the law says is that it is illegal to release any aquarium fish into a state water.

This would apply even to releasing an aquarium raised LMB back into the lake it was originally taken out of.
[signature]
Has anyone called PETA yet? hahaha

That was crazy though....didn't really like watching the rat die or thinking about the damage it did to the insides of that bass as it clawed it's way down to the stomach!

At least he kept the fish tank clean as little as it was..

weird
[signature]
Just think about it though. Stuff like that goes on all the time in the wild too.[crazy]

Good luck in your tournament[Wink]
[signature]
ya, I just saw for the first time last spring a squirl jump in and swim across a lake on his own, only to get half way acaross before a bass lunges up from the bottom grabbing him and taken down to the lake.

I remember there being mouse lures on the shelf back in the 60s that were used for bass. they fully resembled little mouses. head tail and feet.
[signature]
i use the weedless frogs and they work like a charm over lily pads, the only problem is making sure you set the hook at the correct time or your gonna have a mouse imprint on your forehead
[signature]
I hate when I do that.... ya man them suckers fly like poppin a rubber band or a towl.

I bet the guy behind ya in the other boat get a little wet in the pants when them frogs flash in their faces if your lucky enuff to duck a flying frog... LOL
[signature]
youtube has one eating a ground squirrel.Also ,caught them in glades with snakes tail sticking out the mouth,one was a fresh kill,he must of just caught it.One day we saw a big bass strugling on surface,looked like he ate something ,and could'nt release all that extra gas,poor guy was bloaded,must of been a female.[Image: whistle.gif]I always say I'm goint to get some mice,and try them.I think I'll use a rubberband near the back half of its body,and attach hook to the rubber band,if he gets away from getting eaten,he could always chew off the rubber band.[Image: bobwink.gif]I might get 3 to 6 mice and will post back one day,especially if motivated.....a friend with a boat is a friend I vote.....Paulpro.....I once caught this ring neck snake in the yard,caught it and threw it in lake hoping to see a bass eat it,sure enough,a bass came up and got it.I also like to toss lizzards out for them..how bout a baby duck,have'nt seen it personaly but my old fishing partner seen it.I saw one dissapear ,I was watching but looked away,I heard the mother duck stressing,and saw a ripple,wear the last baby was.I saw a Pacu behind some babies once.OMG,I just checked youtube and found this,"Largemouth bass eats duckling!"Also check "large mysterious fish eats a duck" Yea its Sad,but just think of how happy the bass must of felt,looked like a med,size bass maybe 3lb ,it sure hit like a bass.I've seen them fly out of water for my lures.they hit like a great white shark,I call them the "great blackbass"
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Great video, but I used to keep a shoal of Red Belly's and that was nothing. You haven't seen carnage until you see 12 P's devour a large mouse in less than 30 seconds without a trace. The only thing left was red water![/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice Vid!
I never much believed that LMB would munch on mice...or that mice tend to get into situations like that in the first place. Until on day my buddy and I caught two bass in a row with mouse tails still stuck in their throat!
I'm a believer now Smile
[signature]
[quote Barnacles]Nice Vid!
I never much believed that LMB would munch on mice...or that mice tend to get into situations like that in the first place. Until on day my buddy and I caught two bass in a row with mouse tails still stuck in their throat!
I'm a believer now Smile[/quote]

almost the exact same thing happened to me lol
[signature]