Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Joy
[center][inline biggestbassofday.jpg][/center][center][/center][center][inline lakejoybass1.jpg][/center][center][/center][center][inline samegar.jpg][/center][center][/center][center][inline spottedgar.jpg]
[/center]
Since the weather cooled off alittle I went out to try my hand at my little spillway. I caught the bass off a finesse worm and the gar off a chatterbait. First fish Ive caught on those new chatterbaits. But the finesse worm on the football head is quickly becoming one of my go to lures.
[signature]
Nice fish! I haven't caught a gar yet, I imagine they're fun to catch. I went out on Sinclair Sunday, had some strikes but only boated one, about 2 3/4 pounds. We've got to hook up one weekend and fish, hopefully the weather will start to cool off before too long. I'm going up to Myrtle Beach this weekend to play with a friend's band, but should be around from then on except for a quick weekend trip up to Maryland next month.
[signature]
How bout the weekend after that? I should be free, I hit up sinclaire the weekend before last but only caught some warmouth and a few channel cats. Oh yea one yellow pearch too, I put him in the minnow bucket with the aireator so I could put him in the fish tank but it tipped over on the ride home. If you want we could hit up the spillway at lake joy during the week, the bass are tearing up finesse worms.

Matt
[signature]
Yall playing at the vfw this friday? With you going out of town I dunno, I finally found it because I got a chemical burn in my right eye at work and had to go see Johnny Gayton. I could stop by for sure this weekend if yall are playing.
[signature]
Yeah, I'm leaving for Myrtle Beach Friday afternoon. The following weekend should be good for fishing and I'll be back at the VFW that Friday night.
How do you fish Lake Joy? From the bank, electric only, big boat? I always look forward to fishing new water.
[signature]
I dont actually fish the lake. Theres two spillways and I fish the smaller one. When the crappie start schooling up you can catch 20+ in one evening. But Ive caught everything from jacks, yellow pearch, shellcracker, warmouths, bass, crappie, mudfish, channel cats all in the same spot. Fun spot to fish because you never know whats on the other end of your line.
[signature]
Hey Guys,
I saw where you were fishing Lake Joy spillway. I've only tried it once, but would like to go again sometime. Its not far from my house. Matt, do you fish on the lower side of the spillway (closest to the boat launch) or exactly where? And, is there a fee to fish the spillway?
Gettin' another kayak soon so you guys can join me on a river float. I was recently picked to be on the Georgia Kayak Fishing Team (sponsored by Ocean Kayak and Johnson Outdoors). I fished the Flint River on Labor Day with 3 others. We caught nearly 50 shoal bass. My biggest was about 3 lbs. These fellas really know how to put up a fight. Caught 'em mostly on buzzbaits and plastic worms (Tex rig).
You can read about the trip here:
[url "http://atlantakayakfishing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2514&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0"]http://atlantakayakfishing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2514&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]

Lets go fishin'.

Ron
(Fishing Fanatic)
[signature]
Hey, Matt,
Well, I'm in Myrtle Beach, I should have brought my surf rod! Next weekend might be good for Lake Joy, do you fish the spillway from the shore or a boat? I just bought a house and may be moving next weekend, I'll have to see. I will be at the VFW on Friday night, though. I fished a small lake in Milledgeville Thursday evening, my buddy and I each caught a three pounder (left my camera in the truck). My friend said his sister (Tracy Byram) went to school with a Matt Scruggs, was that you?
Hope to see you next weekend. Scott
[signature]
It looks like you should have brought a surf board out there with that tropical depression offshore. I fish the small spillway at lake joy. The creek in the back of the lake is really good too but the crappie will school up right at the creek turn on the small spillway. Ive heard of big bass 10 pounds plus come out of there too but all Ive caught have been under 4-5pounds. Where did she go to school at? I went to school in virginia and texas, just preschool in georgia [Wink]
[signature]
Hey I just discovered this website... Had no idea that there was a way to link up to other Mid-Ga folks without actually going out and trying to wave a boat down from the shore [:p]
I was reading down these posts here and have tried to fish the bank at lake joy but found out It isnt a public pond like Houston Lake the hard way.
But, at any rate, Im just trying to get connected with folks that fish around here.

PS there is an aligator in Leisure Lake, be careful if you try to fish there

[signature]