Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall strategies
Hi Guys, you know; fall it´s getting closer, I heard it´s the best season for bass fishing because the bass it going to the shallows and eats almost everything.
But I get a little confuse about "fall" because the heat is warm is so high in this waters. right now the water temperature is about 82-93° (on surface).
what is the water temperature range from fall?

and what do you use in this season?

Thank you
[signature]
I think the water temperature depends on where you live, here in Arizona fall brings air temperatures around 85ºF (about 27ºC), but up in the Chicago area it could be as cold as 60ºF. And of course the water temperature changes like that. As far as what lures to use, I hope someone else helps out here because this is my first year fishing and I like to know myself.
[signature]
Hey Carlos.

The typical fall is when the water starts to cool down just a bit. Then the Bass will go out just a little deeper at an earlier time of day.

With the warm waters that you have in Sinaloa, it is almost best to hit the Bass extra early in the morning for the topwater bite.

As soon as the water gets too warm, the fish will go deeper and find a zone of comfort. Entiendes bien?[cool]
[signature]
Spring and fall I get out the crankbaits to use more so than a finesse approach. Up here a 10 degree difference can make them put the feed bag on. A good time to bounce a jig off the bottom for smallies.
[signature]
Ok, thank you for your answers, now let´s see if I´m getting it; it is fall (october -november) when the weather starts to change (the water is getting cool), bass starts to go to the shallows and as the sun comes harder the bass goes deep, is right here, when I should try finnesse fishing and trying some jigs?
how do I should use jigs? can you help me?

what´s the bass habit on this season?
[signature]
I start to hit deep water drop offs in Oct and Nov here in the NE. Use a jig or a jighead with a grub and work it along the bottom from the shallow depth to the deep. I let it settle to the bottom and lift my rod and let it settle again. Reel in some line as you bring the rod down and repeat. Heres one style I use. But remember, what works for me may not work in your area.
[url "http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=51881&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults"][Image: 77322a-t.jpg][/url]
[signature]