Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cattle deliberately shot with arrows
[size 1]$6,000 reward offered for information leading to the arrest of those responsible.

WASATCH COUNTY - Six cattle were shot with arrows near Clyde Creek in Strawberry Valley recently.

"This is one of the most disturbing acts I've witnessed in my 16 years of wildlife law enforcement," says Paul Davis, the Division of Wildlife Resources sergeant who is leading the investigation.

Six cattle were injured with arrows in Strawberry Valley.

Davis is concerned about what this act might do to the image of Utah's bowhunting community.

He's not alone in his concern. Archery gear manufacturers, as well as local archery clubs and associations, are stepping up to help the DWR.

The Utah Bowman's Association, Bowhunters of Utah, Hoyt and Easton have contributed reward funds that total $6,000. The reward will be given to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and successful prosecution of the person or persons who committed this crime.

Case begins

The investigation started on Aug. 18 when a single cow was observed with an arrow protruding from its body. Davis says five more cattle were located with similar wounds on Aug. 25 and 26.

As of Aug. 31, none of the wounded cattle has died.

$6,000 reward

Davis is hopeful that the $6,000 reward will encourage anyone who has information about the case to come forward.

"These animals were not shot with broadheads. They were shot with practice points," Davis says. "This was target practice, and it gives all ethical bow hunters a black eye.

"The vast majority of bow hunters act responsibly, and then something like this happens."

The cattle owners say they don't recall anything like this in their 31 years in operation.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Utah Turn in a Poacher (UTiP) Hotline at 1-800-662-DEER (3337) or report the information online at wildlife.utah.gov/law/poaching.php.

DWR conservation officers will keep the identity of the caller confidential upon request. [/size]
[signature]
I seen this on the DWR site it makes me sick I hope them basstards or basstard gets busted.
It makes me sick that a scum bag like that is even being associated with true bowmen.
[signature]
Utterly pathetic! I hope they get caught, and then get "helped over the fence" by the judge.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][mad]Once found, those people should be shot with practice tips!! Not cool at all.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]