Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing for kokes in Idaho
Has anyone on here fished for kokes with a fly rod and had any success...
I am going up to Idaho to try again any advise or tips would be great..
Thanks
[signature]
The only time othere than at Porcupine that I have picked them up on a fly rod was in the Green river ( WY) with glo bugs.
[signature]
Ya I got to pick up some glos never fished with them..
I got a dozen or so flashy streamers and mop leachs. In crazy colors maybe they will induce a strike..
Well I might go up there today or tomorrow maybe Ill get lucky..
Well thanks for the reply. If I do Ill have to post some pics.
[signature]
It is tuff on a fly. They eat Zoo Plankten. Larry Tullis had a fly that did work at Strawberry for me. A purple Mohair leech, but you take the paint pens for material (Michael's) and put a dab on the fibers sticking out. Glow in the dark and Orange paint works great.
[signature]
Larry's Daphina fly. Actually had some luck with them on Treasureton.
[signature]
Ill have to grab a couple of pens thanks...
I am so dead set on catching them damn kokes on a fly luckly theres plenty of trout and bass in there too..
[signature]
Damn It no luck yesterday.
All I ended up catching was slime rockets and a bunch of greenies...
Ill post a pic or two.. them basstards are hard to catch on a fly and ill have to check that fly out Larrys Daphina ummmmm.
[signature]
[url "http://shop.flyfishing.about.com/fly_archive/details/477.htm"]http://shop.flyfishing.about.com/fly_archive/details/477.htm[/url]

Here it is
[signature]
No luck on the kokes but I ended up fishing for trout and bass.
Them damn kokes are hard on a fly.... Ill be at next week.
heres a few pics I took up there. Nothing great though....
My biggest slime rocket went 19 inch while I was fumbling around with him and my phone he slipped off my toon....
[signature]
RIGHT ON!
The Koke are going to be real tuff to catch right now. Aren't they going into the spawn mode?
I know while up fishing Coffee Pot last year in Idaho, they were swimming all around my legs and bright red and that was in Sept.

Going with a bunch of guys up to Strawberry around October 13th for a big get together. I wanna stop off and look at the hatchery.
Love them KOKE!
[signature]
[Wink] got into some kokes on sunday 9th
I landed 6 of them.
And yes Flygoddess there red red red...
It looked so cool they were staging at the inlet and were running up the stream. I wish I had a better camara on me.
every pool had red kokes in it. I caught a bunch of rainbows that were showdowing the kokes. I ended up catching them on.
A Ripple Crush. all it is basiclly is glo bug with flash..
I fished the res for a couple of hours had great luck on the slime rockets. And got into the kokes at the inlet then up river.
well Ill post pics in a bit...
[signature]
heres some pics....
[signature]
Right on! You said a ripple crush, sort of an egg...but what color?
[signature]
orange and pink egg with some crystal flash...
and a split shot lol...
[signature]
Kewl!
[signature]