Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting carps with bows
Just posting a couple pics of some of the first carp we shot this year.
I should of took more shots but O well...
[signature]
whoa i didnt know this happened. thats pretty cool. but i bet its difficult and kinda expensive...i guess you tie a rope to the arrow to pull the fish back in?
[signature]
Its not to bad at all.
You can buy a kit from a sports store for like 20 to 30 bucks. that will include a arrow and line and a reel.
I like the muzzy brand tips the most. for an extra arrow and tips its like 12 bucks.
Its fun as hell if you got an old compound or recurve sitting around you should try it out.
Its fun as hell...

This is basically all you need for it..
[signature]
nice fish. i was fishing up in big bear a couple months ago and saw some peeps bowfishing on the other side of the cove. maaan they caught some huge carp
[signature]
Ive always wanted to try that. When I lived in texas people would get out on flatbottoms and bow up some alligator gar, youd see them in the paper every now and then with a 150 pounder. Ive heard they can get up to 300lbs?
[signature]
That would be sick man.. 150 pound plus. Gar....
the biggest carp Ive bowed this year in Utah has been 22 pounds.

Ill have to post some more pics....
I hope you guys give it a try. I am done basicly shooting them for the year but. its almost fall here. In Utah.
Just go to a couple of pawn shops and pick up a cheap bow 45 pound plus draw and a kit and your good to go..
[signature]
i dont know where carp tend to hang out in my river, but if i did i would definately try this out. this sounds like a lot of fun, and i know my buddy would love it too
[signature]
Every river Ive been on or canal or body of water that holds carp.
Ive always seen them splashing around in the shallows.
expishly when there spawning... Then you might get lucky and hit 2 of them with the same arrow..
[signature]
ohhhhh carp are the fish that jump and splash round the shores? some guy told me that was trout! and since i really dont know jack bout fish yet (after almost 5 months, weirdly enough), so i didnt know whether i should believe him or not....maybe ill learn this stuff one day.
[signature]
LoL well your the most honest person about there fishing knowledge Ive met on here...
Most peeps wouldnt say that and thats coollllllll....
if you try it out just make sure its legal and grab a proclamation and read about the laws concerning shooting fish with a bow..
well good luck man and nice drum fish you caught the other day.
[signature]
haha well i dont like to lie. ive been fishing for catfish since i started fishing, and it took me more than 4 months to land one out of the river, and i caught 4 over the week, and i havent caught one since. i even used chicken liver again tonight, and nothing. the fish just didnt bite tonight. but i know the treble hooks will hold a chicken liver on very well. i can actually cast out.
[signature]
Nice...
Well if you start shooting carps you got some of the best natural bait available...
When I go out cat fishing Im looking for a carp at first..
well good luck on them kittys man...
[signature]
Where was the fisrst pic taken?
[signature]
In my pics It was at locomotive springs. out in our west desert..
[signature]