Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
101 reasons why I missed that bite
we all got them,

reasons as to why we missed that bite.

so lay them on us.

I will start with one of mine.

my pole was sitting on my bucket a couple feet away when I got a hit, I had gotten my glove wet dipping the ice out of my hole and I dicided I needed a bigger hole, I grabbed my spud and was chipping out the hole and it stuck to the iron handle of my spud.

I tried to release put the spud down but my glove was clipped to the sleave of my coat and the ice was to heavy for me to release the spud in time to grab my rod..

needless to say I did not get to it in time...

I cant say this is a one time thing, it happens to me at least once a year... LOL Will I ever learn? probably not, But it sure brings on the excitment for the day and funny to watch...
[signature]
i didnt really miss the bite, but i didnt land the fish because my size 2 hook gave way under a huge fish, it popped off the hook and swam away.
[signature]
1. Lighting my smoke. It always happens always.
2. Laughing at my friends and family when they miss the hook set...
hate that makes me feel like an a$$clown...
3. Bs'n on my cell when my girl calls or my boss...
4. When I am tying on a new fly and I am just dead sticking my other
rod... *dead sticking is just letting my line out and letting it troll along.*
[signature]
When I cast into the perfect hole and then the wind starts blowing my canoe so I put my pole down to grab an oar and bang there goes my float so I drop the oar to grab my pole...no fish. By then the wind has blown me into the hole and paddling out I scare the fish away. Geez, I gotta get a foot control electric motor LOL
[signature]
Happened to me yesterday. Can't say its all that common a thing...

I was shooting at a duck...

Later on that morning, I missed a flock of ducks because I was reeling in a fish...

I guess you realy can't kill two birds and a fish at the same time [Tongue]
[signature]
on the ice at strawberry, didnt really miss the bite, missed the whole show,[Sad] turned around and my pole and pole holder were gone, in the ice, goodbye, the really Sad part is it was a new 60$ combo,[mad] beautiful ice pole and reel, gone just like that, there is alot to be said for staking down or tying your poles to something, i lost another in deep creek fishing with 5 poles, one just jumped right in the hole i'm sure with the help of a lunker.[crazy]
usually i miss my bites trolling while trying to play tricks on my friend while she tries to take naps or digging a cold beer out of the cooler (big cooler gotta dig deep)
this year with two poles allowed i've missed bites on one pole cause i'm busy catching on the other, need more hands.lol [cool]
i know it sounds like i miss a lot of bites but i dont really (denial, its not a river in egypt)[Wink] i just fish A LOT!! [Tongue] [center][inline 8695-user_icon.bmp][/center]
[signature]
It always seem to happen when the last ten feet of the line is close to the boat and I'm looking for the next place to cast. Thats when the fish will hit.[crazy]
[signature]