Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
carp fishing
Hey have any of you been carp fishing and if you have are there any lures you can catch carp on.
[signature]
mepps dose make a few spinners that carp have been known to go after if presented slowly,

most people use flies and streamers.

other than that it is corn, worms, dead minnow and dogh ball that gets them the best other than bow hunting them....
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey BlackHawk64,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Welcome to BFT ![/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Carp fishing is one of my favorites. Lures are not really too productive for carp. For best results, use a piece of white bread (no crust) on a small hook - smash it on as hard as you can.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]The best thing by far however is a dough bait. Premake the dough (be sure to add a little egg) and form it into small balls. Then boil the balls for 30 to 45 seconds to harden them up. Put the ball on a hair rig and fish it on the bottom set up like a Carolina rig. [/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[black][size 3]Also, a worm is a very good alternative for them. Fish the worm under a float or on the bottom - Carolina rig style with a bait feeder reel or the bail left open on a spinning reel. You can also use a casting reel that has a bait clicker or alarm.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Welcome aboard BlackHawk64 and thanks for taking the time to register.

It is not common and very rare that a carp will intentionally take a lure. You will be most productive with topwater floating objects when the carp are feeding during algae blooms. Other than that, the will mostly take food that suspends off the bottom.

Please feel free to visit our Carp board too. There are many more knowledgeable Carp anglers there too.

We fish them with bread balls, marshmallows and floating flies.[cool]
[signature]
Hey thanks for letting me know and yes i have been using bread that works ok... but i had the best luck with corn.
[signature]
Hey thanks for letting me know and yes i have been having best luck with bread and corn hooked one on a work but line snapped ):
[signature]
I use my old browning compound bow.
The only time I dont get them is when I miss..
[signature]
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/1347/cat/500/ppuser/89"][Image: common_carp_2.JPG][/url][/center][center]this one was caught using a home made dogh ball[/center] [center] [/center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/6675/cat/500/ppuser/89"][Image: 36_inch_carp.jpg][/url][/center] [center]This 42 pound bugle mouth was caught fly fishing using a hand tied streemer. Fly fishing for carp has become an aditive sport in michigan, there is big sport for them on lake st clair in the shallows where the guys jump out of their boats and wade in after them. dropping the fly past the carp so as to not spook them. (carp are easly spooked)[/center] [center] [/center] [left]carp will suck every thing they see on the bottom of the lake or river that will come up, twigs, pebbles, zebra mussles any thing loose that is small enough to fit in thier mouths. but flavored dogh ball is by far the best bet for for hooking in to them. [/left]
[signature]