Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buzzbaits
i'm new to the forum and just have a simple question. i live in utah and have started fishing topwater and have started using the buzzbaits. i'm just wondering what kind people like and colors. i've got a white single blade one and a booyah biyou double blade i like. any tips will help too. thanks for your time
[signature]
Welcome Treep and thanks for taking the time to register. I also use the Booyah Buzzbaits in the Single and Double. The seem to be very effective on the top water during that early morning and later afternoon bite.

A few of our UT Bassers will be by shortly to let you know what colors are doing best in your area.

Which waters are you fishing more of in your area? I lived out in your area when I was younger. It was always a blast to go to different places to fish.[cool]
[signature]
i fish for smallmouth mostly but when i want to get into some largemouth i go to mantua, deer creek, and sometimes idaho. i am going on some trips to pelican lake and starvation and then some at sand hollow and quail so i was just trying to find new ways to fish. thanks for the help.
[signature]
Whazz up treep.
I thought you were a plastics kind of guy..
Theres a few guys on here from Ut Dwr site.
Well its nice seeing you here man..
This week is going to be sick on the river its flowing just right.
Look me up if you got some time man..
Ps put a trailer hook on it. Itll get rid of them short strikes miss's
[signature]
I like white black and charturse and the fire tiger skirt styles..
Never tried the extra long wire ones But I am betting they work better.
[signature]
thanks warchild. i sent ldr a pm and was talking about going fishing sometime this weekend. let me know if you guys are gonna be going up on saturday or sunday and i will come. thanks for the help man.
[signature]
just give me a holler man.
[signature]
Treep,

What usually works for me for LMB is either a yellow or a chartruse skirted single blade. On bright sunny days, I like a silver blade. On overcast or cloudy days and real early in the mornings, I use a gold blade.

Regards, & Good Fishin'
[signature]
Black skirt, black blade/blades, black lead head. then pinch the rivet where the wire goes thru on the blade, (you are trying to get a sqeek when the blade turns). I've caught LM, SM, and tiger musky. all on the same buzzbait all here in UT. also here's another tip for top water fishing. have another rod with a slow sinking rubber of some kind (senko). and if you have a fish blow up on the buzzbait and you miss it, then get the buzzbait out as quick as you can and throw the rubber right where you missed that fish. there's a good chance you will get that fish. later chuck
[signature]
yeah i just got a black one but the blade is silver on it. thanks for the help everyone.
[signature]
I also have one with a silver blade and it does catch fish pretty good, but I noticed more hits with all black on the tigers. haven't seen a real big differance with bass. later chuck
[signature]
I am not in your area, I am in michigan, but this time of year I am fishing 12 to 25 feet down. some times I will go even deaper, I will go shallower if I get worm rains, the fish dont seem to like the cold rain and go down....
[signature]