Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just a bit of curiosity...
are there trout in north alabama, tennessee river? and if there are, could i get a suggestion on how to catch em? baits, rigs, etc...catfishin is slow but sure where i fish, and theres not really any bass around the shores at the times im there. so i thought i might try some new stuff.
[signature]
if you have a fly rod, and sinking line or 12 foot leader, try live crickets right now,

crickets are realy hot this time of year... especialy those big fat black one... the store bought brown are good too...

I either use a fly rod or I use a bubble type bobber with as long of a lead below it that I can handle. 5-6-8 feet, the bass up here in the mittin are down on the shelfs already, with a fly rod you dont need a bobber. use a number six eagle claw hook....
[signature]
Okay you big-time trout fisherpeople... please correct me if I'm wrong...

Here's my observation:

Where you find trout will very much depend on how clean the water is as well as the temperature of the water. They absolutely thrive in cold water. Warmer waters they stay away from for the most part.

If you do have trout that are reachable from where you are, and like me you don't fly fish, try using a small inline spinner (I prefer Panther Martins, but a lot of people here in Oregon swear by the Worden Rooster Tail's). Or, if you enjoy watching a bobber, use a smaller hook (size 10, 12, 14) and glob some trout paste on it (TroutKrilla, Powerbait's Trout Bait, etc).

One last thing... if you have access to deeper water from where you're fishing, that's probably a great place to start if you're fishing during the day.
[signature]
[black][size 3]My first choice would be a fly rod. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Next, Panther Marthins and Rooster Tails in whatever flavor the trout prefer on that specific body of water at current given time and during the current weather conditions. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[size 3]In still waters, I also like throwing Rapalas or other crankbaits. If I'm in a water craft, jigs are a very good choice as well. [/size]
[signature]