Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Thursday at Jordanelle
Sorry it took so long to post this report, I wanted to get some pix first. Bassrods and I decided to hit Jordanelle thursday afternoon despite rough weather. I wasn't going to have another chance to fish for quite a while so we just hoped for the best. We hit the water around 1pm and fished for over an hour with only 2 fish in the 13" range (both caught by bassrods). so we decided to move to an area that had more cover. after fishing for about 30 minutes the bite just turned on and we had fish on about every other cast. over the next hour or so we caught about 30 fish between us. about half were under 12" and half over 12" The biggest fish was 15 1/2 inches and weighted 2lbs 0 oz. about 5 fish were in this range (14-16 inches) and about 15 in the 12-14" range. then the fishing slowed so we tried several other areas including the rockcliff arm with limited success. we called it a day about 7pm.

Although a 40 fish day sounds great on paper, it was a pretty rough day with most of the fish coming from that 1 hour period. the average catch for the day was just over 3 fish per hour per fisherman. Fishing seemed to be best when the wind was the worst.

We had a great time, but less wind would have been nice. Here are a few pix of the fish and one of some deer getting a drink.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report, for most of us 40 fish sounds awesome, too bad you did not catch any of the big hogs that lake has to offer[unsure]. It's always cool seeing wildlife that close to shore, thanks for sharing. WH2
[signature]
What only three pictures???[Wink]

It was fun getting out with you we have to do it again, this time of year is some of the best fishing and the water skiers are all but gone....

I don't have time to hit the Nell this week getting ready to head for Powell will try to take pictures to post when we get back.....

[signature]
Here are the rest of the pictures from Bassrods camera. Its a lot of work shrinking these pix to fit into the forum. I have some more pix on my camera, I will post them when I get home.

Because the bigger bass were all about the same size they all start to look like the same fish. and for obvious reasons we did not photograph all the fish we caught, just a few of the bigger ones. no one wants to see a picture of a 10" bass.

more pix to come tonight
[signature]
The deer looked skinner then others I have seen else where....

[signature]

[signature]
I thought that was you, you was fishing out of the bank and I didn't want to get in your area or spook any fish you was after we waved as we went by...

How did you do??? Any big ones???

[signature]
here are the pix from my camera.
[signature]
If my arm was longer the fish would look bigger, see how it makes a three incher look like a 12"....[Wink]

[signature]
I was out there this weekend fishing from the shore. It was a great weekend. Between me and my buddy we caught a 17 incher, a couple of 16 inchers, numerous 14 - 15 inchers and the smallest we caught was 13 inches. We didn't catch near as many as you and Bassrods, but all of them were good sized. I would love the chance to fish the Nelle with Bassrods, I have long been a fan of his postings and even met him at the bass club meeting a month or two ago. I want to join the bass club, but I am really swamped in my senior year of college now.
[signature]
It is really worth it to take 1/2 day or a saturday to go fish with him. You will learn a lot about bass and alot about Jordanelle. It will make you a better fisherman.
[signature]