Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the hula popper!!!
i love that wonderful creation called the hula popper! it catches so mant top water bites it amazeing! a sheer gift from god. i love the feeling of a 2 foot largmouth on the line! great feeling who else agrees with me?
[signature]
I love top water fishing... Its just badazz..
so +1
[signature]
i like the feeling too perchking. the hula popper is a good lure, but there are other topwater baits i would use before a hula popper. i have caught some nice fish on it though.
[signature]
hey treep your worm now lol...
[signature]
what the hell is a worm?? i'm pulling my hair out, this website confuses me.
[signature]
its the symbol under your name.
this place is huge.. compared to dwr.
Have you checked out the utah forums part on here.
plus they got a new site up for us old dwr guys.
Its called
just look around man..
[signature]
heeeeere i go again:

hula poppers are great but my favorite bait is the minnow colored top knocker. It catches amazing amounts of large bass since its so loud. It creates a noise that spreads in all directions 15-20 feet. the water doesnt have to be glass but not too choppy either. I like to either find a big massive weedbed and just float around in the middle of it, or fish the edge of the weeds. either way i love this thing and im trying to spread the word of top knockerism!!! I dont think stores like dicks sell them, I believe you have to order yours from the BPS magazines, or go to a BPS store...please somebody try this and let me know how you like it [laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Showing my age here, but: You young topwater bassers should try the old Lucky 13. One of the alltime best topwater baits for the LMB.
[signature]
Actually in my room , i have a lucky 13 hanging from my trophy rack as an antique lol...but yeah i've used the lucky 13, its basically the same thing as the top knocker, only the top knocker uses a rattletrap for more noise. But, i have caught some three-four pounders on the it.
[signature]
ya how much do they cost? i want to get one so bad i have more than 4700 lures.
[signature]
if your asking about the top knocker, i thinkkkk its 6 dollars but dont hold me to that!!
[signature]
is the hula popper or any of these other topwater baits available at, say wally world? thats really my tackle supplier. we have a dick's, but dicks stuff is often a lot more expensive for the same exact thing...
[signature]
There is nothing more exciting than a topwater bite. I love the rush when a big bass grabs it when you're not expecting it. Not for the weak-hearted. My favorite has to be the Storm Chug Bug, a real simple popper that always stays true. Zoom Horny Toads are my go to on moss beds.
[signature]
hula poppers are universal and are sold just about anywhere, im pretty sure top knockers can only be ordered from a bass pro shop magazine, or bought at a BPS store. And im not sure if they even sell lucky 13's anymore lol
[signature]
I like the pop-r in perch color for top water popping. the bites are sooo cool when they explode. if you cut into the front section and make that section a little bit deeper in, you get a better pop when the water hits it. a small dremel tool works great for doing this.
later chuck
[signature]
yes at wally world they do carry them at times.

BUT.

wally world like most other super shop marts they only order thier lures once a year and that is usualy the end of jan or feb.

keep your eyes open from now to the end of the year, they will clear out shelf space for new seasonal items.

so if they sell out they wont get any more till next year...
[signature]
I use them in the spring though mid summer.

I tie them on to a 5 foot leader and then tie on a red bubble just for casting.

I like yellow and frog collored ones.
[signature]
ya i do as well shop for mine but i go to a year round fishing shop. its called bobs grab and go lure survises. hese a reel nice guy, budum ch! lol just had to add that sorry if it made it off toppic.
[signature]
no problem, thanks for your entry...

I have made home made one out of foam rubber and magic markers...

worked pretty good too...
[signature]
There is nothing like going to your fishing spot first thing in the moring and the water is like glass. You put on your favorite top water lure and give it a cast. It hits the water..... you wait a few seconds and then give it a quick twich... twich .....wait for it......wait for it....... and then BAM the water around the lure just explodes and the line goes tight and it's fish on !!!

Yeah it's ausome.......
[signature]