Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise From An Old Man
It was a cold fall evening and I was fishing up on the Narrows in Idaho.
Standing in a river with a little bit of snow just barely covering the trees. and a little ice forming on sides. I could see my breath with every exhale. My fingers numb from icy waters making it hard changing out my flys. I wasn't having the greatest of luck. Till this old guy came over to me. Ive seen this guy before. On this river hes a local god. Ive seen his pictures of fish and heard all the stories of his perfect cast. And the local said if your lucky maybe you will run into him on the river and he will share some knowledge with you and a special fly or two.. I greeted him with the warmest Smile and I stood in disbelief standing before me was a god. His voice snapped me back.
So how you doing today he said. I replied not bad but Ive had better days. He took a step closer to me and said. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE SECRET OF FISHING IS..

I never said YES so fast in my life..

He Looked Into My Eyes with his Icy Blue Eyes And Said.
THE FISH ARE IN THE WATER SON. [Wink]

I laughed and I knew right then. I spent way to much time reading the river and trying to match everything up. Looking for the right fly.

Ill never forget that day or his advise...
Its a true story and one I will repeat till the day I die..
Warchild.....
[signature]
with out a doubt.

having the right lure or fly, matching the hatch, scopin out the best part of the stream is 50% of the battle,

but there is no denying that 100% of every record fish caught was a matter of being in the right place at the right time. so the trick is to be there as much of the time as posible.[Tongue]
[signature]