Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Your Biggest Fish
What's the biggest fish (Any fish) you've caught in Indiana? Also, when, where and how was it caught?<br><br>
Eight pound marble eye at Stone Lake in LaPorte Indiana. Old marble eyes was caught on a red one quarter ounce white and red willow spin at one am in the morning. We were casting from eight feet of water into twenty when marble eyes decided to take a taste of that fancy bait. <br>Sad part of all this was it was my wife who caught the fish and her selection of bait was because it was pretty. So it just goes to show you,, think pretty !!!!!!!<br><br>
I'm not familliar with "Marble Eyes" but any 8 pound fish in Indiana is great.<br><br>
A 5-15 largemouth is a great fish. It's been a long time since I've tangled with one any where near that size. My largest would probably be about 4 from Eagle Creek. But that was some time ago. <br><br>
Sorry about that,, Old Marble Eyes is a Walleye, and I am glad to see we have someone else that believes in catch and release. If we don't our children and grand children will never know the true meaning of big fish.<br><br>
Caught an 8+ Largemouth in Rockville Lake 10+ years ago. She hit a Black/Chartreuse Jig n Pig. Also, 7 3/4 Largemouth out of strip pit near pleasantville (linton/dugger area) 5 years ago. That one got the taxidermist treatment.<br><br>
Now that sounds like a nice fish. I'm hoping to get a little more time to fish as my kids get older and maybe just maybe I'll be able to tie into one like that.<br><br>
do not bet on haveing more time as your kids get older. My son and one daughter ran track, played baseball, softball for both girls. in summer there was football practice to be taken to, not to mention pep dance for football and basketball, then there is football and soccor in the fall. After graduation you do get 3-4 yrs. and then come the grand kids. And it all starts again. fish some on sunday afternoon after sunday morning church. But it still beats not haveing any around to have fun with and build memories. Some are of sports, some are even hunting and fishing. But I thank the Lord for them.<br><br>
Amen, I have 2 kids almost grown and 3 in diapers. The 2 older kids don't live with me and I don't get to see them much. I'm hoping the 3 little ones (all boys) will show some interest in fishing, camping and hunting so we can all go out and enjoy the outdoors.<br><br>
Have had my grandson he's six out a few times but am haveing to wait until baseball is over befor can get him out again. Course my cancer recovery is makeing a mess of alot of things right now. Enjoy your younguns now cause you know what happens later. Girls.<br><br>
[Smile] I live in Fort Wayne too! Where did you catch that fish! I caught 2- 16inch bass out

of the Lake Side pond the one close to the river.[reply]

[/reply]
I grew up in Fort Wayne, but have been gone for years and just moved back yesterday. Don't know anyone, am very lonely and bored. Looking for an intelligent and very interesting girl that can make me laugh and keep me on my toes. If you think that's you please respond.
[signature]
[right][Image: MESS3307CustomImage0772571.gif][/right]are you counting crey fish?

if so I caught one that was about 8 inches in lenth.

happy holidays Rob
[signature]
75 pound channel cat caught and ate .
[signature]
how many cases of beer did it take to fry up that kitten? that enough kity fish to feed a small army or me and my nephew....lol...[Tongue]
[signature]
ever come close to your state record ? any species ?
[signature]
hope you will get an oppertunity too lisa to find a spot on the water and catch your self a nice keeper.

do you have a favorite specie that you like to target?
[signature]
a few times but the guy kept kicking my boat back lol........
[signature]
[reply]
75 pound channel cat caught and ate . [/reply]
I don't want to be a killjoy, but the current world record for a channel cat is 58 pounds.
[signature]
Biggest fish in Indiana by species:

Chinook - 40", weight 30lbs. caught on 4lb test in Trail Creek

Lake Trout - 12 pounds, caught on a 1/3 oz. little cleo from the breakwall at the mouth of Burns Ditch

Skamania - 16 pounds, caught on a 1/8 oz. rooster tail in Salt Creek

Brown Trout - 8 pounds, caught on a 1/3 oz. little cleo off the breakwall at the mouth of Burns Ditch

Coho - 3 pounds, caught on a rooster tail from a breakwall at the mouth of Trail Creek

Tiger Musky - 38" caught on a 1/16 oz tube jig in Wolf Lake, released

Northern Pike - 38" caught on a crickethopper on 4lb. test at the Grand Kankakee Marsh, released

Largemouth Bass - 8.5 pounds, caught on a Bettencourt Assassin at the Grand Kankakee Marsh

Smallmouth Bass - 4.5 pounds, caught on a 1/8 oz. round head jig/grub combo on the Tippiecanoe River

Bluegill - 2lb,15oz caught on a bass streamer while flyfishing at Wolf Lake

White Bass - 2.5 lbs caught on a drifted jig/grub, Bass Lake

Crappie - 2 pounds, caught on a 1/4 ounce tube jig at Maxinkuckee

Channel Catfish - 11lbs, 9oz caught on a (not released) Bettencourt mini-flat jack from a private pond

Red Oscar (tropical) - 13.5" caught on a parachute fly in Wolf Lake
[signature]
I caught a 5lb bass at the pond in Frankie Park zoo pond on a crank bait.[fishin]
[signature]