Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
back on-line
Had some construction going on that had my internet down for a bit .
Anyway , prime fishing is upon us , and for us gun toting sportspersons , small game is not too far off , less than 24 hrs. squirrle fried in bacon grease , steamed with beer and shoveled onto a biscut . yummm !
I'll get the fishing reports up soon , If you can , post your fishing report .
Anyone doing some bird hunting this weekend ?
[signature]
aside from one pike run, I got one keeper gill and a hand full of rockbass big enough to keep but I threw them back. I did get one short smally, that was about it...
[signature]
I spent the day at bald mountain, letting a few hunks of lead fly.

I hadnt fired my guns off in a couple years to I figured it was about time... chace a few cobwebs out of the barrol sort to speak.

felt good to get some of the gitters out befor hunting season sets in...

I wil have to get back out one more time before coon season opens. Just to make sure all the gitters are out, the guns were right on target.
[signature]
well the wolf pointed out her first squril for the season.

heard lots of shooting,

of corse peta showed up.

aside from all the excitment I did manage to see a lot of wild life, including a great horned owl... I would have taken a picture but I didnt know I was so close to it, I was standing right under it for about 5 minuts before it took off. that was about the time I saw it... kewl, at least a 3 foot wing spand if not four.

I got out first thing this morning a little befor day light to get me a good seat, Well I must-a got me a good one cauz right about daylite a feather fell right in front of me. Your probably wonderin what a feather has to do with squril and rabbit, to answer the question, absolutely nothin. I looked at the feather and emediatly reconized it for what it wer, TURKEY FEATHER !

When I looked up and one squocked at me, that got the attention of my wolf who in turned barked back sending half a dozen birds quietly gliding though the trees.

My first time seeing a turkey in a tree. not bad for pontiac area...
[signature]
My youngest and I are doing the youth hunt next weekend , she's almost as excited as I am about it .
Wouldn't it be something if ol' bullWinkle showed up for the hunt ?
She also pulled a fall turkey permit , I missed out I think , no mail notice for me but I'll rull the license just in case something happened at the post office .
We're sighting in her gun later today , should be interesting .
[signature]