Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Elsinore
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]The ground has been shaking & baking in the Elsinore area for the past week. If the tremors get any bigger the fish will be thrown out of the water. Therefore you will be able to catch them on the fly. LMAO[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
now that was baaaaaaaaaaddddddddddd.. real bbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddd.. but have to admit.. it' is funny... the shake was the stomping of feet in frustration asTN2 and I attempted to catch a wiper or two on Saturday.. .. the dang fish kept moving to where we were on the last cast.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
With the Earth Quakes and Raging Fires with sweltering heat, we just call that a little Shake and Bake.[cool]
[signature]
omg do you remember those commercials.. daddy.. momma made fried chicken.. and I halped (souther drawl here)... [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
You had to remind me of my age just after becoming a Grampa?[pirate] Sheesh!

Actually those commercials came on while watching Drag Net and the Mod Squad![shocked]
[signature]
you are only old if you remember shows like rawhide and the rebel and a young james arness on gunsmoke.. [sly] there was also a show with a bubble rescue chopper.. I think it was called rescue 8.. or something similar to that.. [Tongue]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I only remember Gunsmoke because it came on right after Gumby and just before HR Puff N Stuff![shocked]
[signature]
.... all were good shows.. heck I even remember the boraxo commercials that showed the wagons with long line of horses pulling them.. the odd part is that it looked like the guy handling the horses was inside the wagon.. never could figure that one out... [crazy]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
That is kind of like the first Chuck Wagon dog food comercials. Same tactics from inside the wagon.[shocked]
[signature]
[sly]... I will have to see if I can find a picture of that box ... it still does not make sense to me unless it was some type of mining wagon being shown....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]

Hey TubeN2, Congratulations on becoming a grand dad. Welcome to the grand dad club.
Lenny
[signature]
Thanks there fishslayer23. I still have to pass out the victory cigars. Do you want to go on Sat or Sunday??

I will have a nice Macanudo for you.[cool]
[signature]
[#005000]Did one of you guys make the rumble God unhappy?[/#005000]

[#cc0000]A minor earthquake occurred at 3:38:24 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, September 25, 2007.
The magnitude 3.9 event occurred 13 km (8 miles) WNW of Lake Elsinore, CA.
The hypocentral depth is 5 km ( 3 miles).
[/#cc0000]
[signature]
... now that figures.. Im not there and it has an earthquake...

hey tn2.. do you think that may of been caused by that big plug on the lake finally being pulled... ??? [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I've seen that condition before when somebody was bubble/fly casting. They were useing a bubble that was the size of a cement mixer.[shocked]

Not only does it make a big splash but it also scares the hell out of the Bass in the area[pirate]
[signature]
juz what exactly are you trying to say here bro??? my bubble was NOT that big.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Your bubble was just fine Bro. You should see the ones that I use in the Saltwater when I'm fishing for Bonito! Those suckers can hold about 1/2 pint of water! Just a little less than a cement mixer.

When we get back together I want to show you one of my other bubble fly tricks too. I usually carry around some 00 size split shot and put them in the bubble. That allows a litte bit of rattle for the presentation.

That little bit of rattle can call up a Bass from the Abyss.[cool]
[signature]
now that is one heck of an idea.. and do me a favor and bring along curly tail flies and the other one you talked about in a different post.. sounds like those could work on the fly rod or the bubble fly rig..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Will do Bro. I'm going to make up some extras this weekend so that I can have some to hand out.[cool]
[signature]
... . sounds like a deal to me bro.. cant wait to toss a few of those out and see what happens...[Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]