Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan river report
Well, hit the upper Logan above the third dam with a group of four and we caught six total. Using spinners and flies(hopper and caddis). Really slow, the water is so clear and the canyon was beautiful but we couldn't find any monsters. That's another river on my list of not hitting again.
[signature]
Just wondering what would be a river you would hit a second time ?
The Logan is a pretty decent river and it's not like I want more anglers on it. Just wondering. I did very well there yesterday and then hit another river in the afternoon not too far away and did very well there.
[signature]
Well, I'll start off by saying I am impatient so if I'm not catching fish or not a lot of bites then I'm moving to the next hole. And the major factor is I live in Layton and when I take leave to go fishing over an hour away and it's slow I tend to take it out on the river.
So I like the weber because it's closest to me and I have some better luck (on most days).

How many and how big were the fish you caught?
[signature]
I understand- just don't throw the Logan out of your possibilities. Certain times of the year the area is a great place to camp and enjoy a variety of fishing. On the Logan between 12 and 14 and the largest was probably 15 "- smallest probably 7. The other creek I would guess between 15 and 20 - with the largest at 13" on the nose and the smallest probably 7- all cutts, all on hopper patterns, not another person with in a mile- well a DWR guy was on a tractor putting in some culvert about a 1/4 mile away.
[signature]
Ya you did better than us! I'll hit the Weber next and see what I can pull out!
[signature]
I think impatience is a virtue in fly fishing. It keeps you hungry to try some place new and not settle for a few fish per hour. Utah is full of little known gems that can fish incredible well if you just get out and find them and learn where the fish are likely to be at various times of the year. By the way I used to drive past Gillete Stadium in Foxboro everyday on my way to work for 3 years. I don't know I just never became a big fan [unimpressed]for some reason. Lived in Chicago for 5 years before that and guess I always liked da bears[Tongue] better. About the only time of the year I miss New England is fall as the foliage really was incredible there.
[signature]
I personlly dont care for the logan... But I would rather fish it than blacksmith...
Theres a few places I personlly would drive the extra 20 miles or so to fish than the logan... Ive done well on the logan but Ive done tons better on other rivers.
You should of went to the blacksmith river its a blue ribbon fishery according to the Utah Dwr... LOL..
[signature]
I did very well on the Blacksmith yesterday. I am pretty sure anglers from back east would have paid for a day like yesterday. And then the colors in the canyon were incredible also. The Blacksmith isn't a destination river but if you know it fairly well it can be a damn enjoyable river. It isn't always easy fishing an it does take more patience than the Logan or the Bear river Narrows but I have seen it's ups and it's downs for over 30 years and yesterday I fished in solitude and picked up a good mix of browns and cutts up to 14". Nothing huge but certainly a day I am glad I paticipated in.
[signature]
New to the area. Are there any Catfish on the Logan?
[signature]
Maybe if you go way way out to the headwaters of Cutler res and then you might just die of West Nile before anyones finds you.
[signature]
Damn you ugly, and good luck finding catfish on the Logan!
[signature]
Were the fish big headed and skinny bodied still that you caught on the blacksmith.. I use to love fishing the black but thats a hole diffrent story.. And to the ugly thing yes there is cats in cache county just fish around cutler and benson marina and theres miles of swamps..
[signature]
[reply]Damn you ugly, and good luck finding catfish on the Logan![/reply]

Well I can't help that. my daddy seems to think it was some kind of curse or somthin cuz momma was always havin these impure thoughts about my grampy...thanks for the help anyways
[signature]
[reply]
Were the fish big headed and skinny bodied still that you caught on the blacksmith.. [/reply]
NO
[signature]
Welcome to the board Enos!!
there are catfish in the cutler marshes,Bear river. My favorite place to fish is below the power plant at cutler dam. If you find a fly that works on them let us know!
[signature]
[reply]
Damn you ugly, and good luck finding catfish on the Logan! [/reply]
I take it ... you guys are good friends and you are ribbing him? so my job stays easy?
[signature]
[reply][reply]
Damn you ugly, and good luck finding catfish on the Logan! [/reply]
I take it ... you guys are good friends and you are ribbing him? so my job stays easy?[/reply]

Dont know the feller but thats ok. No worse then a older brother puttin baby water moccasins in yer shoes. When I get all purdied up and get my teeth fixed and what not Ill try and put a nicer picture of myself on here.
[signature]