Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help
Hello, I am an Avid bft'er from Utah. I will be In Lacy, WA on the weekend of the 5th-8th. Also, my brother-inlaw will be home from Iraq for the birth of my first niece. Anyway, he said he'd really like to do some fishing while he's home. So, I was hoping for some advice, spots ect. I'll understand if you don't want to release your "honey holes". Anywhere to catch fish is great. I usually use a fly and fish for trout. However, we plan on a combo liecence. Money's tight or I would buy a tour[unsure]. Anyway, thanks in advance for your help. Troutlover
[signature]
There are a lot of lakes in the area. I live in Vancouver, but the fishing reports I read have people catching 8-10" trout from the docks at Deep Lake.
Offut Lake is reported to have a lot of dink bass and they were some catching decent size ones. It seems the trout enjoy crawlers and marshmallows.
McIntosh has largemouth bass, perch and planted rainbows and seems to be a good bet according to the reports. One fellow said he was there one day at 7am and another day at 4pm and caught a 4 pound largemouth and a 4 pound 10 ounce respectivly.
All in all it looks like a pretty good place to be...lots of water all around!
Hope that helps...sore lip 'em all,
Lewis
[signature]