Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Weber
I heard kid caught a 7 lb. brown out of the lower weber and just wondering if anybody else has had any luck down there at this time with the waterflow at this time?

I'm still waiting to see the picture
[signature]
went out couple weeks ago. at the mouth of the weber. I was kind of unprepared since I left most my flies in my belly boat[Sad], but in a couple hrs, I got a couple mid sized browns, 18 inches or so. Seemed kind of slow for all the fish rising though...
[signature]
It seems like once a year or so that someone gets som really big browns from the Weber down low. I have personally seen a 14 pounder that was caught about 6 years ago right were the train bridge crosses the river at the Mt, Green exit.
[signature]
I hit the lower Weber this afternoon for about 3 hours with the storm moving in. No 7 or 14 lb fish but the fish where decent size even if it was a bit slow. Chucked the bigger stuff, size 8 prince nymphs and streamers. Caught a dozen total, about half cutts and half browns. 2 were about a foot long and the rest were 16 -18 inches. Tried out a mouse pattern a little but no takers with that. Weird thing was I only caught cutts with the streamers where normally I only seem to get browns on the Weber with streamers. Water was a bit lower than I expected and pretty clear despite some rain. Didn't see any one else out the whole time.
[signature]
Nice fish man.
[signature]