Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard on April Fool's
Tried Willard on April 1st, ... should have known better. The wind was strong enough to limit fishing to the south end where the waves hadn't reached 2-3 foot swells. Marked a few fish around the humps, almost exclusively on the eastern downside of each "hump", but didn't get any strikes. Tried the feed lot area, but didn't even get to the north marina before the wind drove us off the water. There was one other boat out for about an hour, and then 2 other outfits showed up as we were heading out (a Lund accompanied by 2 brave souls, and a lone Tracker owner, ... I was in the ProCraft bassboat kicking around in the south marina if any of you were the other two outfits we saw). By the way, I'm a "real" boater now, ... just after I put in, I noticed a good strong stream of water being blown out the starboard aft, and realized the bilge pump was getting a workout, ... sure enough, there sat my plug on the aft deck!! We got pulled out and let it drain, so all is well. Sorry I don't have anything positive to report, but the weather was a real factor. I never recorded a water temp above 46. Couple weeks and hopefully things will get hot and heavy. In the meantime, I think I'll get serious about the LMB in Utah Lake (UTBASS says they are really picking up down there). Later fellas.
[signature]
Sounds like a pretty brutal trip all the way around. Good luck next time.
[signature]
Sorry about the trip. Better luck next time. I saw you go by. I was sitting on the bank at the mouth of the south marina. We caught a few cats that day. The wind wasn't really to bad down in there.
[signature]