Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard & Pineview Reports
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]One of the guys I work with went to Willard Bay last evening. He caught 8 wipers. All good sized. He used Smithwick Rattlin Rogues. Color didn't seem to matter. He had best luck on deep diver but caught a couple of fish on shallow runner. He trolled deeper water between the South Marina and Island.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Had two reports of large crappies being caught up the Middle Fork Arm at Pineview. Anglers were catching crappies last weekend and early this week. Both shore and boat anglers catching fish. Water temperature still in the 40's. This is probably prespawn feeding by females. Too cold for spawn to have started. Spawning won't start until water reaches about 60 degrees. Usually crappies move shallow and start feeding well when water temperatures hit 55 degrees. [/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up Tom. I think I'll head out to willard next week.
[signature]
Sounds like I left too early! I was on the water at 7, and left around 2 after being battered by the wind all day. Did it calm down in the afternoon? What time was your friend out there? Finally, is the fishing going to be better in the afternoon/evening during the next little while? I'm new to wiper fishing on Willard, so I'm full of questions!
[signature]
He didn't get out until late afternoon and stayed until dark. I understand it calmed right down by dark.

We currently have little moon light so from my experience I think the fish could be biting any time of the day. I haven't noticed wipers being heavily affected by moon light. When fishing for walleyes I have had better luck fishing late afternoon until dark during the full moon.
[signature]